• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

White Mountains B/C, New Hampshire

lftgly

Date(s) Skied:
Monday, Presidents Day, 2/19/07
Resort or Ski Area:
Western White Mountains
Conditions:
Powder!
Trip Report:
Skied a classic White Mountain backcountry tour with a couple friends on Monday.

Attached are three photos (reduced resolution 25%) Kat of skinning up, on (or near) the summit, and skiing down through the birch glades.

The pictures don't do justice to the glade skiing. I was too intent on skiing to take any pictures in the best glades!

It was a long, flat tour up and down the river each way, to get to the northwestern slopes of the mountain.

The upper mountain glades are a little steeper than the lower mountain where I stopped to take the photo.

That blue sky was beautiful, too bad it had to be 10 below zero. I struggled to avoid frostbite on fingers, toes, and face, even though we were below treeline and out of the wind most of the day. The photo-op on the 4000 foot summit was short-lived.

As usual, Marielle was too quick for me to catch on camera!