• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

sunday march 11 MRG

David Metsky

Website
www.hikethewhites.com
Keep in mind that that weekend is the NATO Telefest at MRG. Crowds will be above average, and lines in the Single are usually pretty long. Sunday isn't as bad as Saturday, but there will be lots of pinheads there.

I'll be there on Sat, may go backcountry on Sun.

-dave-

2knees

Keep in mind that that weekend is the NATO Telefest at MRG. Crowds will be above average, and lines in the Single are usually pretty long. Sunday isn't as bad as Saturday, but there will be lots of pinheads there.

I'll be there on Sat, may go backcountry on Sun.

-dave-

yeah i saw that. typically what is the wait for the single on a crowded day? I would imagine it has to push 30 minutes at least.

David Metsky

Website
www.hikethewhites.com
45 on the Saturday of telefest if the skiing is good. I've seen it approach an hour at times. This past weekend it hovered around an hour when all the other lifts were down. Add to that a 12 minute ride to the top and you get a little cold between runs. :)

30-45 is about average on a good weekend. It's worth it, but you don't get too many runs on a day like that. Later in the afternoon and first thing in the morning it's often just 5-10 minutes.

When the lines are bad on the Single the Sunnyside double usually is about half as long. There's plenty of good skiing over there, so it's not a bad alternative.

-dave-

madskier6

Bump. I'll be up in the MRV this Sunday 3/11 with the wife and kids. Debating between Sugarbush & MRG that day. We will be coming off skiing at Burke on Fri & Sat 3/9 & 3/10.

2knees: are you still planning on hitting MRG on 3/11? If you are, I'm leaning towards hitting MRG with you. If not, the Telefest crowds and the fact that I haven't hit the Bush yet in 2007 would push me towards Lincoln Peak. I hit MRG last Sunday 2/25 and it was great. Let me know what you're plans are Pat.

2knees

still going but the telefest situation is sort of scaring me away from mrg. I could "settle" for sugarbush. :smile:

i need to redeem myself at the bush anyway, last time i was there, i was so hungover i felt like my skis were on backwards.

JimG.

Staff member
still going but the telefest situation is sort of scaring me away from mrg. I could "settle" for sugarbush. :smile:

i need to redeem myself at the bush anyway, last time i was there, i was so hungover i felt like my skis were on backwards.

Pat, you would be very foolish to pass up MRG...I just got back from my 5 days there and in my almost 45 years of skiing I have never had such epic conditions over a 5 day period in the northeast EVER. My last run yesterday was untracked powder top to bottom on 20th. OMG, every run over the past 5 days was in powder! MRG does not get any better than it is now.

Busy, so sorry for the short reply. I'll try to get a detailed report up tomorrow.

2knees

Pat, you would be very foolish to pass up MRG...I just got back from my 5 days there and in my almost 45 years of skiing I have never had such epic conditions over a 5 day period in the northeast EVER. My last run yesterday was untracked powder top to bottom on 20th. OMG, every run over the past 5 days was in powder! MRG does not get any better than it is now.

Busy, so sorry for the short reply. I'll try to get a detailed report up tomorrow.

I hear ya but i would rather ski with someone and i have an opportunity to ski with madskier at sugarbush so i decided to do that instead. I dont mind skiing alone but never having been to mrg before, i'd rather ski it with some company.