• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ikon replaces MAX in 18/19

AdironRider

Has anyone released pass prices anywhere yet?

No, so this whole planning argument is pointless.

Jully

White Mountain Super Pass typically releases the last week of February IIRC. Usually the first in the east at least.

Zermatt

Has anyone released pass prices anywhere yet?

No, so this whole planning argument is pointless.
I know what MAX would be within 10%, I know what Epic will be within 10%....I have no idea what Ikon will be! Can't even guess.

I'm planning next season, I'm not making that up.

Dick Gazinya

I know what MAX would be within 10%, I know what Epic will be within 10%....I have no idea what Ikon will be! Can't even guess.

I'm planning next season, I'm not making that up.

I can't even plan tomorrow, idk how you can plan next season.

boston_e

Thinking about it more for our situation, the Ikon pass is certainly a downgrade as compared to the Max pass, it almost does not matter what the cost is.

We will for sure be buying our usual Pico passes (our home mountain) and Killington spring passes, and unless there is a 3-5 days at each of the participating mountains somewhere in the $300 range, this Ikon will be a non starter for us.

Losing Okemo takes away a convenient day trip option. Utah is the easiest direct flight from Boston and swapping Solitude and Brighton for Alta and Deer Valley is a downgrade simply because of the snowboarding policies. (We do not snowboard much but many friends we like to go with do, so it is unlikely we would utilize those mountains)

I don’t know if Max was profitable. Maybe it wasn’t and that is why it is going away, but they are likely losing our family as customers.

Jully

Idk I prefer Snowbird to Solitude and Brighton. Yes Alta and DV stink for snowboarders, but Snowbird more than beats SolBright in my book.

Jully

deadheadskier

Staff member
3 $25 tickets is quite a deal! Love that they went cheaper, but it is still a lot compared to Peaks with multiple resorts. Not sure it will sway me.

Interesting that Cannon isn't advertising the WMSP but WV is.
That's exactly where I'm at. For all of Peaks warts, I still get 3 mountains (one being my favorite in the state) and the longest season in the state for $499 with few blackouts. Don't really care about Snow other than Peaks gives them far more love than the Granite mountains.

Peaks would probably have to price themselves $100 above that Cannon deal for me to consider change and I do very much like Cannon.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

abc

People are just being impatient. Of course I want to know what card you have in a poker game! That doesn’t mean you’re going to tell me. You would only do that if it’s to your advantage to do so. So I’m sorry people will just have to suck it up and wait.

Smellytele

The Cannon price really has caught my attention. the 3 tickets for 25 each could help out as well if my wife decides not to get a pass. Need to know what teen prices will be.

Jully

Possibly, but being this will be Cannon's 80th season, I have a feeling they may have decided the pricing plan earlier than normal to promote the anniversary season.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

WMSP always is the first to release in NE, at least in most years. New England Pass by Boyne is usually a week or two behind. Not sure about 2/18, but IIRC 2/24 (when passes actually go on sale) is almost exactly when they went on sale last year. I suspect they announced the price a few days before last year too.

Jully

Some details released about the Boyne NE Pass for next year. It will exist (there was some speculation that it might disappear).

Gold has 50% off Boyne's Western Mtns.

New Bronze PLUS pass with skiing Sunday-Friday instead of midweek only. I don't ski Saturdays for the most part, so this could be really interesting.

Everything else more or less the same. Young Adult pass at each resort. Same "Flash Sale" in early March (5th to 11th). Last year you saved $50 during that week, I think?

http://www.sundayriver.com/winter/tickets-and-passes/season-passes