• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton 1/27/2018

Glenn

We typically ski on Sunday, but with the rain predicted, we went out on Saturday. (Thankfully, looks like the rain was a non issue overnight)

The Sun Bowl lot was pretty full, but we found a spot without an issue. Booted up in the lot to avoid the lodge. Did a few runs off the fixed grip, then headed to Ursa. While the line was longer than the past Sunday, it wasn't bad. Maybe a 5 minute wait? My wife and I ended up on the chair with a father and son from NJ. The son was funny; talked to us the entire way up. He was really into skiing. Nice to see a young person excited about the sport. Did a few runs over on Mike's way and Spruce. Skied well. Some scratch on the pitches.

drjeff was at the mountain attending a race for his daughter. We made our way to the base of Frank's...and he was up top on coat duty. :lol: We'll have another opportunity to meet up in a few weeks.

I thought the mountain was holding up well despite the these constant thaw/rain/freeze cycles we were having. The snow on many of the trails was actually quite fast.

Glenn

So I left out some crucial details:

Seeded bumps and GS gates. Bumps on Tink's Link IIRC....then some GS gates setup on the lower part of the Amex lift towers. Both were fun for this guy reliving his glory days.