• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

KustyTheKlown

I got my fingers crossed that Jay gets more than the 3-6" they have forecasted between now and Friday.

after work Friday driving to buddy's apt in jersey city, parking my car there, getting in his car with him and his girlfriend (wooooo passengering and not driving my car!, driving up to buddy's mom's house in Plattsburgh for a few hours of sleep, driving across northern vt to jay, skiing Saturday, going to hill farmstead Saturday afternoon, then going to stowe where we have a room and will eat at doc ponds and probably hit the alchemist. then we are driving down to pico early sunday morning. I don't care about sportsball whatsoever, but buddy does and wants to be on the road early. so I don't want to waste my one stowe voucher day, so we agreed max pass pico is the move, as it brings us 90 minutes closer to home. should be back by 6 or 7 pm on sunday. should be a nice little weekend. fingers crossed for jay peak glade action

jmgard

Heading up to Cannon with some friends Sunday for the Super Bowl 2 for 1. Hoping they'll have at least a little bit of the fun stuff open by then but who knows...

Smellytele

Staying close to home this weekend as I am on-call. I may ski Friday evening and/or Saturday afternoon at Crotched and Pats on Superbowl Sunday. Sunday night/Monday there could be some snow as well. Pattern is looking better anyway.

Jcb890

Possibility of a little Saturday night into Sunday as well?

I think we're going to just ride Sunday this weekend.
We might be bringing our niece up with us to Mt. Snow for a day, if she's not coming, we might use the MAX and take a trip to Loon or Killington instead since we'll be back at Mt. Snow next weekend with family anyways.

We'll get back before the game, but I'll DVR the pre-game stuff.

GO PATS!!!

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Friday's storm is gonna be dust on crust. Maybe some natural stuff comes back into back into play by Monday. Then Wednesday there's another storm possible.

I'm cashing in my chips next Friday. Trees are gonna need 2ft+ to get back into decent shape and we might just get it....

BenedictGomez

Friday's storm is gonna be dust on crust. Maybe some natural stuff comes back into back into play by Monday. Then Wednesday there's another storm possible.

It certainly doesn't look like anything remotely spectacular, I think folks are just excited to have some snow, ANY snow, in the forecast this snow drought has been so long.

Cumulatively, however, it looks like over the next few weeks resorts can get back into shape as the set-up is looking great for snow shots.

kingslug

SUN

FEB 4
Snow27[SUP]°[/SUP]17[SUP]°[/SUP]
100%
S 10 mph78%

UV INDEXSUNRISESUNSETMOONRISEMOONSET

1 of 107:06 am
5:15 pm
10:13 pm
9:39 am

Cloudy with snow showers early and steady snow likely later in the day. High 27F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 100%. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches.

Glenn

Looking better for Sunday into Monday for SoVT. Appears the Wednesday system may take a similar track. Still early on both accounts.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Looking better for Sunday into Monday for SoVT. Appears the Wednesday system may take a similar track. Still early on both accounts.

Southern VT is gonna get a big win if they can keep this all snow.

And apparently today Jiminy Peak and Mount Snow picked up 2" overnight while everyone else got nada?

mriceyman

A week from now all resorts especially south will have alot more snow

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Glenn

Southern VT is gonna get a big win if they can keep this all snow.

And apparently today Jiminy Peak and Mount Snow picked up 2" overnight while everyone else got nada?

I checked the snow stake cam at Mt. Snow. Looks like they had about 1". My webcams in VT are showing that it snowed, but I can't tell exactly how much.

Jcb890

Its a bit depressing getting excited over 1-2" of snow... but that's where we're at with this season right now.

This weekend and next week looks like it could actually bring some snowfall though (more than 2"+!!) which would be fantastic and much needed.