Snow..coming ??? - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 128 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    The latest Euro (2/7 0Z) shows a cooler scenario for Sunday. It now keeps it mostly/all snow from about Killington north. It's on its own right now, so we'll see.

The GFS has cooled a bit too since yesterday, but still shows light showers early Sunday for most of VT (far NW could stay snow on that model). Hopefully, that keeps trending snowier.

Quote Originally Posted by sankaty View Post
    The latest Euro (2/7 0Z) shows a cooler scenario for Sunday. It now keeps it mostly/all snow from about Killington north. It's on its own right now, so we'll see.

The GFS has cooled a bit too since yesterday, but still shows light showers early Sunday for most of VT (far NW could stay snow on that model). Hopefully, that keeps trending snowier.

What do the models say about that potential warm up mid week next week?

somehow I staved off the sickness.... let it snow let it snow let is snow.

(had never heard of elderberry syrup though, thanks for the tip)

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    What do the models say about that potential warm up mid week next week?
    Both the Euro and GFS show a modest warmup mid/late next week (Euro on Wed, GFS Thursday night) with some showers. Still plenty of time for that to change.

Quote Originally Posted by sankaty View Post
    Both the Euro and GFS show a modest warmup mid/late next week (Euro on Wed, GFS Thursday night) with some showers. Still plenty of time for that to change.
    Thanks.

if you want to check the GFS yourself, it's very easy:

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/

Developments encouraging. GFS turns colder and would save 1/2 of VT on Sunday, but that's suspect given known model biases, what's encouraging is the Canadian has also turned colder (would still stink for most, but at least some would be saved), and if you extrapolate the NAM panels out (since it's not out to Sunday) it appears like it's also going to be colder. This all could lead to upside surprise for sure. Fingers crossed.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    if you want to check the GFS yourself, it's very easy:

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/
    Thanks. I can't quite figure out how to watch the Euro on that site. And temps...

All I can do is check the GFS for precipitation...but I'm trying to learn!

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    Thanks. I can't quite figure out how to watch the Euro on that site. And temps...

All I can do is check the GFS for precipitation...but I'm trying to learn!
    Pretty sure most of the Euro data isn't available for free, so that's why you won't see it. You usually have to subscribe to sites that offer a premium service to get all the Euro data. Tropical Tidbits has a few of the Euro panels (ECMWF under Global), but none of the precip ones.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Pretty sure most of the Euro data isn't available for free, so that's why you won't see it.
    Correct. You can even get in trouble for sharing some of their premium content.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Thread Information