• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

Smellytele

Have to go to Stowe this weekend but the weather looks downright aweful. Friday 35 with a mix..then 2 degrees..guess I won't bother skiing Saturday..can't imagine the Carnage..

Doesn't look as dire as you state - maybe you are trying to scare people away.
Stowe:
Friday
Snow likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Windy, with a west wind 22 to 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around -1. Very windy, with a northwest wind 34 to 40 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph.

Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 17. Blustery, with a northwest wind 20 to 25 mph becoming west 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday Night
A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Windy, with a south wind 33 to 38 mph, with gusts as high as 48 mph.

Sunday
A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Windy, with a southwest wind 30 to 32 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon.

Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. Windy, with a northwest wind 27 to 32 mph decreasing to 17 to 22 mph after midnight.

Washington's Birthday
Partly sunny, with a high near 35. Windy, with a southwest wind 16 to 26 mph increasing to 27 to 37 mph in the afternoon.

kingslug

..this is good? All the front 4 trails are closed..so it's just the groomers which will be as they stated..Olympic quality...bring the race skis.

Smellytele

..this is good? All the front 4 trails are closed..so it's just the groomers which will be as they stated..Olympic quality...bring the race skis.

Better than the mix you stated.
May go there on Monday but watching the weather for Sat night/Sunday. Will we get snow? If so how much?

abc

Where did you see that Stowe forecast?

I’m also seeing forecast of mix in neighboring areas last time I checked.

gladerider

Doesn't look as dire as you state - maybe you are trying to scare people away.
Stowe:
Friday
Snow likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Windy, with a west wind 22 to 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around -1. Very windy, with a northwest wind 34 to 40 mph, with gusts as high as 50 mph.

Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 17. Blustery, with a northwest wind 20 to 25 mph becoming west 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday Night
A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Windy, with a south wind 33 to 38 mph, with gusts as high as 48 mph.

Sunday
A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Windy, with a southwest wind 30 to 32 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon.

Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. Windy, with a northwest wind 27 to 32 mph decreasing to 17 to 22 mph after midnight.

Washington's Birthday
Partly sunny, with a high near 35. Windy, with a southwest wind 16 to 26 mph increasing to 27 to 37 mph in the afternoon.

that's a lot of wind

cdskier

I see nothing forecast for s vt sat sun..??? Except a 50% chance of something..flip..the coin.

Both GFS and Canadian models show some light snow for S VT in that time-frame (more for NJ/CT/MA though...)

Jcb890

I’m seeing 5-10 mph for winds on Weather Underground for SR on Sunday so that sounds decent.
Yeah, I'm not seeing winds that high even for Stowe, but who knows, with it this far out the weather is changing quite often.