• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

mikestaple

2 years in a row with major meltdowns on feb break week. tough sledding

Last year Presidents week was AMAZING at the Loaf. They got like 3 feet the week before and then we had 40s mid week of Presidents week. Hiked to the top in tshirts and shells. Skied off the back. When is the temp ever going to be so mild with a fully loaded Sugarloaf?!?! This year - sigh. Snow, rain, freeze, repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Kleetus

Sitting this weekend out. Why couldn't the warm-up have been sat/sun? Wish I could have skied mid-week but job stops that.

At least I can rent the plane tomorrow and keep my currency until April. I normally give up on flying in the winter on account of skiing...not so the last 3 winters. Guess I might as well break out the MTB on Sunday as well to complete getting ready for spring. Kidding but I hope things turn around as we all do

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

NYDB

Last year Presidents week was AMAZING at the Loaf. They got like 3 feet the week before and then we had 40s mid week of Presidents week. Hiked to the top in tshirts and shells. Skied off the back. When is the temp ever going to be so mild with a fully loaded Sugarloaf?!?! This year - sigh. Snow, rain, freeze, repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Last year I watched most of the snowpack at Magic melt away in 2 days. I think one of the days was in the sixties. They were fun days since the snow was so soft but it was depressing. So this year 2/20-2/21 has temps forecast into the 60's again. I think after then, you might be able to go hiking on bare ground in So VT.

I'm sure it will turn cold and snowy again but when. Time to move further north I think.

VTKilarney

I'm sure it will turn cold and snowy again but when. Time to move further north I think.

But will it turn cold and snowy for long enough to build and maintain a healthy snowpack? I’m becoming skeptical of that.

Glenn

I made the mistake of looking at the long range on a weather app this AM. It'll be interesting to see how things shake out next weekend. I think in SoVT, main trails with snowmaking will be OK. We'll just have to wait and see.

Getting tired of ACW: "Another Crappy Winter"

On the plus side, NWS Albany has a winter Weather Advisory for just about all of SoVT including the Southern Greens. Hoping for 3-5" of snow overnight.

Even if you aren't skiing, get out there and enjoy it! Harris Hill in Bratt along with the Winter Carnival this weekend.

JimG.

Staff member
Woke up to leave for Belleayre and was greeted with a solid 8" so I spent an hour and a half clearing snow.

My departure was supposed to be at 7am and with the delay now I'm in the window to arrive to total chaos. So I check online and see Hunter got 1" and Belleayre 4". So I broke my ass cleaning up 8" to go ski 4"? With ridiculous crowds!

I'm so disgusted with the current weather I just bagged it. Since it seems spring is here I'll wait for the 50's and 60's Tues and Wed and get some spring skiing in and reduce my exposure to the masses.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
9” here at Blue Mountain, the place is packed

Cleaned 8" off the driveway off at 10:30 last night . I was apprehensive about Presi weekend but took my two kids to Bear Creek early this morning ,in line before lifts spun . Figured a 4hr ticket before the hordes show up . What a day perfect day side stashes skied great even with no base ,no lines till 11:30 on the way out there had to be 200 people in the rental line ! The farthest lot was filled and cars in line to the main road :-o.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Woke up to leave for Belleayre and was greeted with a solid 8" so I spent an hour and a half clearing snow.

My departure was supposed to be at 7am and with the delay now I'm in the window to arrive to total chaos. So I check online and see Hunter got 1" and Belleayre 4". So I broke my ass cleaning up 8" to go ski 4"? With ridiculous crowds!

I'm so disgusted with the current weather I just bagged it. Since it seems spring is here I'll wait for the 50's and 60's Tues and Wed and get some spring skiing in and reduce my exposure to the masses.

praire.jpg

Bought a used one of these last year , kicking myself for all the wasted years . Takes me 20 min vs hours before ...and it's fun.