Snow..coming ??? - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 128 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Snow..coming ???

Ill take what I can get. NH looks like a few inches overnight Saturday, should make a fun half day Sunday, then home for the PATS.
    Heading up with a buddy since the family is out of town, Im sure we will make the best of whatever we get.

Kusty - Doc Ponds is the tits. Great wings. $5 Heady Cans, a bunch of other great beers, what more could a guy ask for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I Love Apres'

yep, stoked. haven't been to northern Vermont yet this winter so hitting our favorite spots (hill farmstead and doc ponds). there will be a MRG/Sugarbush weekend eventually and pro pig will happen.

didn't realize how hurting pico was right now. we may need an audible sunday. okemo I guess? really don't wanna burn a skiVT 5 pack date on a superbowl half day. also don't want to burn a killington since I'm trying to save my remaining max pass K days for spring. looks like okemo I guess? gotta talk to buddy about it

jay picked up 1" Tuesday night, 3" last night, and hopefully will get another 3" tonight. they are mostly open. only the steeps off the tram, and some of the very steeps off of bonnie are closed. plenty of glades to play in. hoping buddy has enough space in car for me to bring both my rock skis and my dps. not sure yet which are more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    yep, stoked. haven't been to northern Vermont yet this winter so hitting our favorite spots (hill farmstead and doc ponds). there will be a MRG/Sugarbush weekend eventually and pro pig will happen.

didn't realize how hurting pico was right now. we may need an audible sunday. okemo I guess? really don't wanna burn a skiVT 5 pack date on a superbowl half day. also don't want to burn a killington since I'm trying to save my remaining max pass K days for spring. looks like okemo I guess? gotta talk to buddy about it

jay picked up 1" Tuesday night, 3" last night, and hopefully will get another 3" tonight. they are mostly open. only the steeps off the tram, and some of the very steeps off of bonnie are closed. plenty of glades to play in. hoping buddy has enough space in car for me to bring both my rock skis and my dps. not sure yet which are more appropriate.
    It looks like possible 20 MPH winds at Jay Peak this weekend. Enjoy those "wind holds".
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: 35 days
    2018 - 2019 Season: 6 month old = hoping for... some? days...

looks like things will be worst on Friday. fingers crossed.

Going up for game on Sunday. Snow over night both Monday and Tuesday. Skiing both days.

10th year of our Superbowl Ski Trip. Watching game at Woodstock Inn. Skiing Loon.
    G.N.A.R.

I'm looking at the radar right now and trying to figure out how I'll get less than 2" as Noaa reports for my area (Danbury CT). Changeover to snow happened only about...oh...6 hours before it was supposed to and there's a lot of precipitation left to come.

I think some hill in Mass or VT will get 6" tonight...call me crazy. Heck, Mohawk looks like it's been getting pounded as well.
    2018-2019 2 days and counting...
    Mount Snow: 10/27
    Killington: 11/16
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    I think some hill in Mass or VT will get 6" tonight...call me crazy.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all...just looked at Sugarbush webcams and even they've had about 2" so far in the past 2 hours even though they're much further north than the bulk of the precip.

Guess I'll noodle around at Hunter. Can only go Sunday or off to the great white North I would go.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    I'm looking at the radar right now and trying to figure out how I'll get less than 2" as Noaa reports for my area (Danbury CT). Changeover to snow happened only about...oh...6 hours before it was supposed to and there's a lot of precipitation left to come.

I think some hill in Mass or VT will get 6" tonight...call me crazy. Heck, Mohawk looks like it's been getting pounded as well.
    Killington is reporting 5" last night, couple that with Sunday and we are definitely moving in the right direction.

My wife just texted me that there's about 2-3" of new snow on our back deck up at Mount Snow this morning. Sunny currently and temps in the low teens with a bit of wind.

Not enough to reopen the naturals, but should make all the terrain they resurfaced this week ski quite well....

Going to likely be a LONG day in my office today getting reports from the hill from her and my daughter...
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '07-'18 seasons: 567 Days

'18 - '19 season
    November: 17.18,23,25 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1 (Mount Snow)

Thread Information