• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

drjeff

Anyone know if black will be running tomorrow at magic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was running when I was there Pres weekend, and is usually listed in the "will operate if the crowds dictate" category.... That seemed to be the day I was there when the line for the Red reached maybe 5 minutes tops.....

Rowsdower

I booked a room in the Catskills already. I could make the 2.5 hr drive to Magic but the circumstances would have to be extreme. Like if everywhere in the Cats has no power, or something.

Oz Von Toco

At hunter waiting. Power still out. No real communication from the mountain. Guess they're hoping people will stay all day and drink overpriced beer. Looks like all of the cats are out. Guess there is such a thing as too much snow?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Abominable

So I guess the question for all us desk jockeys contemplating getting up at four a.m. tomorrow is - how long is the power out for?

Glenn

Stratton is awesome today! Finding silky bottomless turns all over the mountain. Snowing very heavily right now. Winds not much of an issue.

I just checked the cam up there. Looks like it's coming down really good! Enjoy!

legalskier

Plattekill website:
"12" of NEW SNOW as of 11am with 16-24" forecasted...and as of now WE HAVE POWER! Stay tuned for updates as the snow totals climb! Conditions are INCREDIBLE!!! We are now 100% OPEN!"

cdskier

Snowfall totals are far exceeding many expectations...Albany area and up through Glens Falls already closing in on a foot... Not so good for driving up to VT. Most Fridays I'd be leaving NJ in about 30 minutes.

rocks860

Screw it im going to magic tomorrow
Is the drive up 30 going to be a crappy as I think tomorrow morning? Should I leave extra early?

Glenn

Screw it im going to magic tomorrow
Is the drive up 30 going to be a crappy as I think tomorrow morning? Should I leave extra early?

30 should be OK in the AM. Depends on what time it winds down. 30 can be kinda "meh" during a storm. But the state usually gets after it once the flakes stop falling. My wife and I will probably be up tonight. We take 30 from Bratt to the covered bridge just before Maple Valley. I can let you know how that section is.

legalskier

Elk is open & reporting 8"-12", winds are making it difficult to measure.