• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

BenedictGomez

For those who look ahead, the mid-day Euro printed a huge dumping 10 days out.

Now I dont really care about major snowstorms that are are predicted 10 days in the future, but the important thing is that the model still sees conditions that could lead to snowstorms (ummm.... cold air) 10 days from now into late March.

Jcb890

For those who look ahead, the mid-day Euro printed a huge dumping 10 days out.

Now I dont really care about major snowstorms that are are predicted 10 days in the future, but the important thing is that the model still sees conditions that could lead to snowstorms (ummm.... cold air) 10 days from now into late March.
That's great news for an extended season and Spring Skiing after things were looking pretty bleak a few weeks ago.

bdfreetuna

Luckily for ski country... anything this storm drops in the Greens or Cats is a bonus

Also if you extend the future view into Wednesday you might see some bands hanging around the spine of VT adding up to additional

i am planning on Killington for Wednesday

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

single chair weather blog generally is saying good things thru end of march.

I'm stowe/magic this weekend, killington/? next weekend for the brew fest, ?/? the 30th, and whiteface april 6-8. I may go to Colorado for april 13-15. and I plan on skiing superstar in may at least once.

KustyTheKlown

^correct. the initial storm will impact south/east the most. but northern vt will be upslope city thru end of the work week.

Jcb890

single chair weather blog generally is saying good things thru end of march.

I'm stowe/magic this weekend, killington/? next weekend for the brew fest, ?/? the 30th, and whiteface april 6-8. I may go to Colorado for april 13-15. and I plan on skiing superstar in may at least once.
We're saving some of the MAX Passes uses for some nice Spring Riding, it should be great!

KustyTheKlown

my buddy is a casual skier, sort of new to it. his wife is a lifelong skier, a solid black groomer sort of chick. they have friends who are insanely wealthy. buddy just texted me to ask "is Yellowstone Club good? X and Y just invited me and Z to join them from 3/22-27, with free skiing, free house at Yellowstone club, and free private air"

me - 'yes, Yellowstone club is good'

lol

Jcb890

my buddy is a casual skier, sort of new to it. his wife is a lifelong skier, a solid black groomer sort of chick. they have friends who are insanely wealthy. buddy just texted me to ask "is Yellowstone Club good? X and Y just invited me and Z to join them from 3/22-27, with free skiing, free house at Yellowstone club, and free private air"

lol
So basically they want to know if a completely free trip is worth it? It almost doesn't matter what you replace "Yellowstone Club" with in your question above.
Some people...

VTKilarney

Meh. I'd rather stay at home and skin Yawgoo Valley. It should be epic.

KustyTheKlown

Think its time to finaly hit MRG sunday..drive to Stowe super early sarurday fir the 730 chair then mrg sunday..nows the time..

i am riding with a fucking snowboarder this weekend and it annoys me so much that we cant do this. we have a house in waterbury. 10 people. stowe saturday. the majority are doing max pass somewhere sunday, but i'm doing magic. i so badly want to wake up and drive 10 min to mrg, but buddy in my car is a one planker!

bdfreetuna

Drop him/ her off at Mt Ellen for the day. If it's your date, tell her you'll be looking at the same sun and clouds all day long. Sounds romantic right?

Jully

18z NAM just finished, and sadly for ski country, it jogged quite a bit east. Hopefully it's wrong.

View attachment 23512

Stuff like that sends me to Crotched for tomorrow and not bothering to go further north. All the glades should be fully in play around noon (guessing), so I get more snow and half the drive of Wildcat/SR in what will be unfun conditions. Boston is getting walloped.