• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

KustyTheKlown

that doesn't really mean anything. temperature above average in February generally is till below 32

Jully

that doesn't really mean anything. temperature above average in February generally is till below 32

Not necessarily. Average high in Feb in Rutland is exactly 32. While the low is way under that,a freeze refree cycle of day and night could be possible for stretches of February. https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/rutland/vermont/united-states/usvt0205

What's more important than the average temperature though will be the standard deviation. January ended up having an average monthly temp within 1 degree of the average for Portland, ME, but there probably wasn't a single day that actually was the average temperature. It was either 3 degrees or 53 degrees.

Some stability in February would be nice. Ideally stability at under 32 plz.

cdskier

Not necessarily. Average high in Feb in Rutland is exactly 32.

Yes, but Rutland is also generally warmer than the mountains themselves anyway... 32 in Rutland could be 28 at the base of K and 24 at the summit for average highs (just picking somewhat random numbers here...not saying that's what they actually are).

mriceyman

Sundays rain doesnt look like much on gfs.. c-n vt may be snow anyway

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

SIKSKIER

Had to laugh at this Bretton Woods snow report this afternoon warning of new snow.
Please note, due to snowfall, although the groomers will be out tonight, there may be fresh powder on top of cords the groomers put down.

bdfreetuna

Had to laugh at this Bretton Woods snow report this afternoon warning of new snow.
Please note, due to snowfall, although the groomers will be out tonight, there may be fresh powder on top of cords the groomers put down.

Oh no it might be perfect velvet groomer conditions!

KustyTheKlown

ooof. hope gore is holding it down. buddy just made non refundable hotel res near lake george.

Funky_Catskills

ooof. hope gore is holding it down. buddy just made non refundable hotel res near lake george.

I'm heading down to Brooklyn this weekend... :)
Actually I'll probably just stay home and ride and talk my girlfriend into coming up north..
I have a feeling it's going to be good -this kind of snow fills all the tree "lines" in the woods(that Hunter doesn't have) very nicely..

tnt1234

Looks like some folks might have been stuck on the Flyer....

skimagic

Radar showing some ice in Southern VT right now, Mt snow, Stratton region, hopefully snow returns quickly. Anyone up there?

BenedictGomez

18z GFS would spare all northernmost areas from rain on Sunday DAX, n.VT, n.NH, ME, etc.... Really dancing on a fault-line though, so hopefully the cold trend continues.