Snow..coming ??? - Page 98

AlpineZone

Page 98 of 128 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Damn! This storm delivered in SoVT! The Greens at least. I'd say maybe a foot just north of Bratt? But it's snowing again there...and again at Stratton and Mt. Snow.

So I guess the woods are back in play for this weekend in the Southern Greens.
    They were in play LAST weekend... At Stratton, anyway.

They should be outstanding this weekend!

-w
    2018-2019:
    Ready to go
    2017-2018 - 21, 2016-2017 - 20, 2015-2016 - 8, 2014-2015 - 10, 2013-2014 - 21, 2012-2013 - 12ish, 2011-2012 - 12, 2010-2011 - 20, 2009-2010 - 23, 2008-2009 - 30, 2007-2008 - 35

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Meh... I'd much rather have 1,500 feet of epic vertical, than 2,300 feet of okay vertical.

The 3 to 5 inches is not equivalent to the 41 to 50 the Cats and s.Vt got in the last 6 days. And s.VT is slated to get just as much snow as n.VT over the next few days if not more, so I see no reason to drive to n.VT when conditions are so much better in Cats & s.VT.
    Yeah..just trying to convince myself. Bought the damn condo so the wife wants to go up there or I would hit S VT.
    Think Mt snow will be a madhouse..might be able to convince her to go there as she used to like it. Hit that first then Stowe.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    Magic is that wild girl that parties almost a little too much for you; Stratton is that good looking but kind of spoiled, boring girl that drives the Mercedes SUV; Bromley is that kick ass girl that captains the lacrosse team and will do a keg stand, but not in her dress. She's All-American!
    Next time someone asks for SoVt skiind advice I'm posting this^^^

Really clarifies the terrain/vibe at each of these places EXACTLY!
    2018-2019 2 days and counting...
    Mount Snow: 10/27
    Killington: 11/16
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by chuckstah View Post
    Wildcat is off the rails today. Deep. The kitty woke up. Full parking lot. And a lift line early. Just a few chairs now.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Fantastic. Looking forward to skiing the natty trails for the next few weekends (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    Magic is that wild girl that parties almost a little too much for you; Stratton is that good looking but kind of spoiled, boring girl that drives the Mercedes SUV; Bromley is that kick ass girl that captains the lacrosse team and will do a keg stand, but not in her dress. She's All-American!
    This is funny.

Sent from my Pixel XL using AlpineZone mobile app
    I also do the Twitters.

Sugarloaf just reported 20" of new snow!

So stoked for this weekend!

FWIW just drove from Magic to Barre -- yeah I only lasted 9 to 2 on the deepest day in memory -- but did not want to burn my legs out completely as I have 2 more days to ski.

Rumors of this storm not hitting northern VT well seem unsubstantiated, at least to me, it's still snowing up here heavily and some pretty serious squalls on I-89.

I will be at Mad River Glen tomorrow which I expect will have near 18" by then -- since they reported 10" first thing this morning, I wouldn't be at all surprised if that doubled by tomorrow morning.

Was gonna talk about Magic today but I have some pics so I'll put it in Trip Report section.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

So I guess the woods are back in play for this weekend in the Southern Greens.
    Definitely. Along with all the hoots and hollers in the Trials at Snow, I overhead "the woods are fucking amazing and "THIS does not suck." I agreed with both.

Quote Originally Posted by LookinForTreeS View Post
    Sugarloaf just reported 20" of new snow!

So stoked for this weekend!
    Should be good enough to " find" some trees .
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!”

Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    FWIW just drove from Magic to Barre -- yeah I only lasted 9 to 2 on the deepest day in memory -- but did not want to burn my legs out completely as I have 2 more days to ski.

Rumors of this storm not hitting northern VT well seem unsubstantiated, at least to me, it's still snowing up here heavily and some pretty serious squalls on I-89.

I will be at Mad River Glen tomorrow which I expect will have near 18" by then -- since they reported 10" first thing this morning, I wouldn't be at all surprised if that doubled by tomorrow morning.

Was gonna talk about Magic today but I have some pics so I'll put it in Trip Report section.

I'll be at MRG with one daughter saturday. Can't wait.

Thread Information