• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

Jully

Does anybody think next weekend might be good? Anywhere?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

There should be a snowmaking window at night after the meltdown days. Not sure who will take that opportunity. I'd look to the snowmaking mountains for hope. SR, Loon, BW, Mt Snow, K, Okemo.

VTKilarney

Mid Burke chair is still down as of 3:00 PM today. I am sure the people who are staying in the new hotel for Massachusetts school break are going to be reconsidering their choice for next year.

bdfreetuna

There should be a snowmaking window at night after the meltdown days. Not sure who will take that opportunity. I'd look to the snowmaking mountains for hope. SR, Loon, BW, Mt Snow, K, Okemo.

Yup either that or one of the smaller snowmaking mountains with less terrain to cover (think Jiminy Peak).

Edit: looks like a pretty short snowmaking window all around though

Jully

Yup either that or one of the smaller snowmaking mountains with less terrain to cover (think Jiminy Peak).

Edit: looks like a pretty short snowmaking window all around though

Quite a small window. Be lucky to get a trail or two resurfaced I think...

gladerider

so i did make the scheduled trip to Killington this past weekend (trip report).
had a lot of fun. surprise snow saturday nite changed everything for us.
my crew always go no matter what the forecast says and we got rewarded this time.

KustyTheKlown

this may be my first weekend off of snow since new years. maybe mountain creek for a few hours Saturday just to not miss a weekend

kicking horse/fernie march 1-10 tho

Jcb890

Was there too. Sunday morning was very nice.
My wife and I were at Killington on Sunday too. It was pretty good, but absolutely exhausting with the leg-burn from the new snow and the foot-burn from needing to keep pressure on with the ice underneath everything.

Jcb890

Good to practice staying on your toes once in a while though. Too easy to forget when conditions are prime.
I don't think we have to worry about getting used to prime conditions here in New England, haha.

Jcb890, thank you...Sunday at Gunstock, the leg burn was severe. I run and work out as well...powder boarding is hard work but oh, so glorious.
A lot of times on powder days you won't have so much or any ice underneath, so while it is a real leg burner, at least your feet aren't under crazy pressure the whole time too. Sunday was both.

Oz Von Toco

Ah thanks. Looks like Catskills are catching a little break apparently 3 inches may come down today. Says it's supposed to rain there tomorrow but with a high of 35 maybe that will be snow as well?

I can only hope haha

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone