• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

JimG.

Staff member
View attachment 23246

Bought a used one of these last year , kicking myself for all the wasted years . Takes me 20 min vs hours before ...and it's fun.

I've got a snowblower that does the job very efficiently. Just have a ton of driveway and turn around/parking area to clean it's never going to take less than 1.5 hours no matter what.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I have 20’ x 400’ and have done it with a snowblower as well . The Kaswasaki does it minutes with a little back and forth but no comparison time wise. Our last two storms were very heavy stuff ,the previous one was snow , sleet and a ton of rain on top. It froze up solid in 2 hours when the temps dropped. Snow blower couldn’t hand the slush.

bdfreetuna

If people weren't so ready for a lawsuit we could just skip the snowblowing on 3" of snow that's going to melt by the end of the day.

As far as optimistic thoughts go: 3 days from now the snowpack will have taken a big hit. We will predict the ultimate demise of winter and many of us will predict the demise of future winters as well.

Last winter bounced back and there was some really good skiing in March and April. That's all I got.

In my opinion the shifting magnetic north pole, which has tracked over 50% of the way from it's original (1982) location in Baffin Island, to currently not that far from the geographic North Pole, along with the rapidly weakening magnetic field / magnetosphere are the main drivers for "climate change", along with the sun.

Does this account for greater jet stream fluctuations and more "deep cold" / "thaw" events? I am not certain (although I'm sure several of you will be).

I do hope the predictions of an upcoming Dalton Minimum level of solar activity come true; and since they are based on observed patterns rather than computer predictions I think they might.

In my opinion CO2 levels follow, not lead climate change, and are nearly irrelevant in any case. I am not a climate change disbeliever, I just think the common agenda is a misdirection the anthropomorphic angle is an attempt to take advantage of our willingness to believe anything for ulterior motives.

Last edited:

kingslug

Wow..bummed for you guys. Stowe got about 6 to 8 inches and wasnt as crowded as i thought. Had a damn good day..better than expected for sure. SB tomorrow as mrs slug likes it there. I heard the woods at stowe are deep..didnt venture in. 730 to 3..not bad..

asnowmobiler

Not bummed at all, I was at the drop of the tape, it was fantastic for a few hours.
i was even able to get a great seat at the outside bar, life is great ❄️��⛷⛄️��

bdfreetuna

Kingslug how well do you think it will hold up?.... How well did the additional sweeten up the frozen base?

Thinking of trekking up to MRG or Bolton tomorrow just to get some Packed Powder while it's good.

The Sneak

Wachusett was a madhouse today. Traffic jam trying to get off 140 and onto the access road. They sold out, closed the gates, but people came in via the back way and parked wherever they could. Cops were there in Lot 3 when we left.

Crazy lines, singles line improved quite a bit though after 12 noon. 7” over boilerplate and glare ice.

Smith Walton looked like a WW1 battlefield.
Lodge was ridiculous, like an outlet mall on Black Friday, or 3rd world airport.

Was great to get out, regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingslug

I think tomorrow will be great..theres a lot of new snow and once they groom it out..they have to..it will cover the unobskium base..which is friggin solid. The woods are in full play as heavy winds all day blew a lot in there..hell it snowed a little all day and didnt warm up at all. Tomorrow has rising temps and rain after the lifts close so its now or never..next week..not looking good so get it while you can.

fbrissette

If people weren't so ready for a lawsuit we could just skip the snowblowing on 3" of snow that's going to melt by the end of the day.

As far as optimistic thoughts go: 3 days from now the snowpack will have taken a big hit. We will predict the ultimate demise of winter and many of us will predict the demise of future winters as well.

Last winter bounced back and there was some really good skiing in March and April. That's all I got.

In my opinion the shifting magnetic north pole, which has tracked over 50% of the way from it's original (1982) location in Baffin Island, to currently not that far from the geographic North Pole, along with the rapidly weakening magnetic field / magnetosphere are the main drivers for "climate change", along with the sun.

Does this account for greater jet stream fluctuations and more "deep cold" / "thaw" events? I am not certain (although I'm sure several of you will be).

I do hope the predictions of an upcoming Dalton Minimum level of solar activity come true; and since they are based on observed patterns rather than computer predictions I think they might.

In my opinion CO2 levels follow, not lead climate change, and are nearly irrelevant in any case. I am not a climate change disbeliever, I just think the common agenda is a misdirection the anthropomorphic angle is an attempt to take advantage of our willingness to believe anything for ulterior motives.

Stick to skiing Tuna. The amount of BS in this post is mind boggling.

Glenn

4-5” of snow north of Bratt this AM. Blacked out so we hit Harris Hill yesterday and I went for ride this morning. No crowds to speak of today.

4a8018e16c3c67b0789c531b14553c2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jully

Guess it boggled you too much to formulate a response.

He's had that debate with you and others multiple times on this forum. No point in continuing further since the others were so productive.

I am glad he did not respond to it.

fbrissette

I'm glad he didn't respond to it because AGW threads are pretty pointless and go no where.

But that's not the reason he didn't respond to it.....

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

That's totally the reason I did not respond to it. No point in trying to have a scientific debate with people who lack proper disciplinary scientific training, the ability to use scientific reasoning, and lack critical ability to sieve through the information they get from god knows where.

fbrissette

Going to be a hellish week for the northeast. Going out west this Saturday. Very happy with the timing pf this trip planned 18 months ago...