• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

tnt1234

Had a great day Sunday at Bromly - went to bed, not snowing. Woke up, not snowing. But 6-8" on the ground! Awesome day.

Saturday at Okemo was meh. Had fun, but poor conditions and big crowds.

Glenn

Typically, resorts don't do much regarding snowmaking after President's Day. Wonder if that'll change after this week? A little resurfacing may not be out of the question.

cdskier

Last year I recall quite a few areas making snow in early March (even Sugarbush which was quite shocking). Have to wait and see how bad the damage is I suppose before we'll know what resorts decide to do.

Edd

That's totally the reason I did not respond to it. No point in trying to have a scientific debate with people who lack proper disciplinary scientific training, the ability to use scientific reasoning, and lack critical ability to sieve through the information they get from god knows where.

Whaat? Why would you not trust an opinion from a guy with no education in the field?

You guys, I’ve got some opinions about brain surgery. Mind you, I have no medical expertise whatsoever, but listen to what I gots to sayz and so forth. Please PM me with your brain surgery questions. I’ve done much interneting on the topix!

machski

Loon was quite nice today and crowds weren't too bad (East Basin was basically ski on). Triple Trouble was open and the bumps skied surprisingly well with pow in-between some still. Sampled some off map stuff, that was surprisingly good too.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

bdfreetuna

That's totally the reason I did not respond to it. No point in trying to have a scientific debate with people who lack proper disciplinary scientific training, the ability to use scientific reasoning, and lack critical ability to sieve through the information they get from god knows where.

Wah wah wah... someone made a ranty post on an internet forum and it triggered me enough to complain and make generalized objections, I guess I'll drop a "proper disciplinary scientific training" to signal my superior intellect in the laziest way possible.

Go piss on the floor of Jay's Stateside bathroom!

bdfreetuna

Whaat? Why would you not trust an opinion from a guy with no education in the field?

You make a great point actually. Even less should someone get upset about it. Anyway Edd, you always seemed like a solid guy on here to me, I know we've come on different sides of some issues lately, but we have more in common that matters through our love of skiing on here. I'm going to make a mental note to not be trollishly disagreeable with you in the future... we'd probably enjoy taking some turns some day and skip the politics.

bdfreetuna

Had a great day Sunday at Bromly - went to bed, not snowing. Woke up, not snowing. But 6-8" on the ground! Awesome day.

Nice sounds like my day at Bromley a couple weeks ago. It's a pretty fun mountain if you don't go expecting extreme skiing.

Edd

Wah wah wah... someone made a ranty post on an internet forum and it triggered me enough to complain and make generalized objections, I guess I'll drop a "proper disciplinary scientific training" to signal my superior intellect in the laziest way possible.

Go piss on the floor of Jay's Stateside bathroom!

Anti-education is an excellent position to take. Keep it up.

Jully

Attitash also in good shape today, groomer wise at least. Triple and Yankee were ski on after noon and 5 minute wait before.

Not a ton of depth though. I think they're going to lose some snowmaking trails this week, or at least they'll be in ugly shape.

tnt1234

Nice sounds like my day at Bromley a couple weeks ago. It's a pretty fun mountain if you don't go expecting extreme skiing.
Yeah, it was our first time. West side is kind of unique - all those 'trails' more or less really just one big face with a little bit of pitch. Interesting And the Chute under teh bluebird lift is pretty fun...certainly no extreme stuff, but was perfect...6-8" on a nice groomed surface....home run.

chuckstah

Attitash also in good shape today, groomer wise at least. Triple and Yankee were ski on after noon and 5 minute wait before.

Not a ton of depth though. I think they're going to lose some snowmaking trails this week, or at least they'll be in ugly shape.
Worst day of my season there last Tuesday. What base depth? Many trails ( with snow making) were almost bare. Gonna be ugly.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Edd

I know we've come on different sides of some issues lately, but we have more in common that matters through our love of skiing on here.... we'd probably enjoy taking some turns some day and skip the politics.

Nice sentiment, Tuna. Agreed.

VTKilarney

You have to love this line from today's Burke ski report:
"Quite frankly these warmer temps and wet conditions will leave ungroomed terrain in great shape melting away that hard lingering crust."