• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

Glenn

Looks like it's still snowing at Stratton and Mount Snow currently. They could pick up a few more inches today.

Edd

At Gunstock. They got a legit 15-20. Was skiing pillows down Hotshot until one ski popped for no reason. Then the rear binding fell off. IMG_2837.jpg

Then I took the long walk of shame down the mountain to the repair shop. A lot of it through knee deep snow. The shop said the binding inserts ripped out. On the whole, it was the sweatiest run of my life. Conditions are awesome.

speden

At Gunstock. They got a legit 15-20. Was skiing pillows down Hotshot until one ski popped for no reason. Then the rear binding fell off. ...

Sucks that it picked that moment to break. Maybe you were putting some steering inputs into the skis while they were submerged, so they couldn't turn, and so the weakest link in the bindings broke loose. Hope you got back up and running quickly. Sounds like great conditions.

Cornhead

Then I took the long walk of shame down the mountain to the repair shop.
What? You still had one good ski.[emoji12] Kudos, hitting Greek after work tonight, they're getting quite a bit from the backside of the storm. Yet another Noreaster is on it's way!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

WJenness

At Gunstock. They got a legit 15-20. Was skiing pillows down Hotshot until one ski popped for no reason. Then the rear binding fell off. View attachment 23523

Then I took the long walk of shame down the mountain to the repair shop. A lot of it through knee deep snow. The shop said the binding inserts ripped out. On the whole, it was the sweatiest run of my life. Conditions are awesome.

Oh man!

I saw someone at Mount Snow on Friday getting off the Carinthia lift who had had the same thing happen to him. Saw him trying to ski down Long John on one ski... He was not having a great time with that.

-w

Jcb890

Oh man!

I saw someone at Mount Snow on Friday getting off the Carinthia lift who had had the same thing happen to him. Saw him trying to ski down Long John on one ski... He was not having a great time with that.

-w
I saw a kid lose his ski in the snow on Ripcord on Thursday. That thing might be hidden until May!

BenedictGomez

GFS bends to the Euro and Canuck!

Still dangerously 6 days out, but I'm starting to get excited about this one. Especially since the best I can do this weekend is Saturday in the Cats (STUPID report card week! :thumbdown:)

Jcb890

GFS bends to the Euro and Canuck!

Still dangerously 6 days out, but I'm starting to get excited about this one. Especially since the best I can do this weekend is Saturday in the Cats (STUPID report card week! :thumbdown:)
What does that mean for possible precipitation?

I'm eyeing this one too... I felt bad after taking 2 week-days off the last couple of weeks and needing to get ready to have ~100 people at our house Saturday for a baby shower. I'm guessing Sunday I'll be too tired to go ride, so that's a bummer for this week/weekend.

Smellytele

What does that mean for possible precipitation?

I'm eyeing this one too... I felt bad after taking 2 week-days off the last couple of weeks and needing to get ready to have ~100 people at our house Saturday for a baby shower. I'm guessing Sunday I'll be too tired to go ride, so that's a bummer for this week/weekend.

Guys go to baby showers now?

Glenn

Tough break Edd! At least it was equipment and not the body.

Reminds me of my old racing days. We used to have to practice a set of gates on one ski.

Edd

Tough break Edd! At least it was equipment and not the body.

Reminds me of my old racing days. We used to have to practice a set of gates on one ski.

Yeah, I’m definitely lucky. It was just a fiasco and wiped me out. Seems to be fixed. Bad pow day timing but it would’ve been worse on a groomer as opposed to a nat trail, which it was.

VTKilarney

We are hosting an exchange student from Germany for a week and a half. He is skiing today, Saturday, and next Wednesday. If the next Noreaster pans out (and it's a long way off), I think that this kid is going to want to move to Vermont. In the meantime he's been shocked to see how many pickups and SUVs are on the road here.