• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

tnt1234

It was better than that in the Cats today. Absolutely phenomenal conditions.

There was no place you couldnt ski at Platty today, if you wanted to drop-in somewhere, you could do that. The crazy high-winds that were forecast never showed up. Not only was there not the 20mph winds with gusts to 40mph like they predicted, it was windsock STILL today for most of the day!

Dang...We had to abort on the Catskills and could only manage a day in the Pokes. Which was fun, but not soft. Glad you had a good day up there.

cdskier

Woke up to 10 below..oy...2 degrees at MRG..hope that warms up..

Regardless of what the thermometer may have said, I didn't think it was cold at all this weekend. Even my feet didn't get cold with 5 hours of straight skiing without a break Saturday morning. That's usually the first place I notice it when it is cold out.

Obviously others must have disagreed with me, as the lodges and bars on the mountain were reportedly quite crowded. Saturday at Mt Ellen felt pretty empty on the lifts and trails even though the parking lots were full and cars were parking down the road by the time I left. At one point I actually had thought North Ridge went on windhold as I saw no one on it.

Hawk

Sunday was colder by Temperature but there was not that much wind. I was cold on the high speed lifts. Lift lines were not a real factor for us. The most I waited was at castlerock and it was about 15 minutes. Lots an lots of Newbies in slidebrook asking directions. Yikes! I almost sent one group down into the brook but my wife would have none of that. She's the voice of reason with us. ;-)

machski

Conditions are great out there now! And temps look to stay below freezing for most of the week.

Looks like this next storm is a miss for ski country...but perhaps something this weekend?
Don't give up yet. Yesterday was a complete miss for NE, now the trend is backing the midweek system into NE. That Greenland block really messes up the models if you ask me. Especially more than a couple days out.

Sent from my SM-T900 using AlpineZone mobile app

kingslug

I dressed for heavy windchills on saturday at stowe as nd it was fine. The wind did pick up quite a bit tyowards the end of the day. Sunday was another story..truck stat said minus 10..felt it as my hands went numb scraping the windsheild wearing some crappy gloves..no crowds at mrg..guess st pats day and sub zero temps kept them away..i was toasty..

KustyTheKlown

newest run has the snow at least grazing vt with more in NH and ME. keep on shifting north!

also showing light green mountain spine snow sat>sun

Oz Von Toco

Looking at weather.com (not sure where you guys get these cool weather models) seems like basically no snow for Catskills, a foot for mountain creek, and maybe some decent snow in the poconos ? Trying to decide between those 3 areas. Anyone have better insight on how much snow to expect IMG_7603.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

gladerider

i'd be surprised if the cats get nothing from this one. we are expecting 10-14" here in NNJ. so mountaincreek hits the jackpot again.
was in belleayre on sunday and the condition was fantastic. if they get a few more inches, it would be really good.

skiur

Figures..now i ski n vt and its all falling south. All this gets me us spending 300 on a hotel so i can stay in the city..and work..

It's not like conditions in Vermont are going to suck this weekend, even if Mt Creek and camelback get 16" and VT gets none, I would still rather ski at K or sugarbush this weekend.

kingslug

Oh I'm totally good with it..conditions up north are awesome and they are expecting a few inches. 10 to 16 inches in NYC and CT will suck. Heavy wet snow. My property and ALL the neighbors suffered damage from the first storm. My shrubs look like a truck drove over them and we have trees down everywhere...should be a nice bill this spring to fix it all. My deer fencing is screwed as well. But hey..winter came back...

Glenn

The complaining has already begun in the flatlands. Too bad the snow isn't falling up north where it's appreciated.

BenedictGomez

The complaining has already begun in the flatlands. Too bad the snow isn't falling up north where it's appreciated.

I'm going to be the biggest complainer. This storm will likely me cost me 2 days of skiing in Vermont as my gf's school is out of snow days and needs to "take" school days from spring break. Grrrrr......:uzi:

VTKilarney

I'm going to be the biggest complainer. This storm will likely me cost me 2 days of skiing in Vermont as my gf's school is out of snow days and needs to "take" school days from spring break. Grrrrr......:uzi:

That's what you get for dating someone who his still in school. :)

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Jack Frost has glades. Just sayin.

And there's enough snow on the ground already for this to be a good day.

Might be able to make Thursday? Although .....Bear Creek is reopening Thursday ? 10"-14" forecast . Problem ....
you can turn the first 200yds after that it's straight line the whole place .I did a morning drive by and NOTHING in the woods now .

Will JF be tracked out by Thursday?