• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

HD333

I’ll take what I can get. NH looks like a few inches overnight Saturday, should make a fun half day Sunday, then home for the PATS.
Heading up with a buddy since the family is out of town, I’m sure we will make the best of whatever we get.

Kusty - Doc Ponds is the tits. Great wings. $5 Heady Cans, a bunch of other great beers, what more could a guy ask for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KustyTheKlown

yep, stoked. haven't been to northern Vermont yet this winter so hitting our favorite spots (hill farmstead and doc ponds). there will be a MRG/Sugarbush weekend eventually and pro pig will happen.

didn't realize how hurting pico was right now. we may need an audible sunday. okemo I guess? really don't wanna burn a skiVT 5 pack date on a superbowl half day. also don't want to burn a killington since I'm trying to save my remaining max pass K days for spring. looks like okemo I guess? gotta talk to buddy about it

jay picked up 1" Tuesday night, 3" last night, and hopefully will get another 3" tonight. they are mostly open. only the steeps off the tram, and some of the very steeps off of bonnie are closed. plenty of glades to play in. hoping buddy has enough space in car for me to bring both my rock skis and my dps. not sure yet which are more appropriate.

Jcb890

yep, stoked. haven't been to northern Vermont yet this winter so hitting our favorite spots (hill farmstead and doc ponds). there will be a MRG/Sugarbush weekend eventually and pro pig will happen.

didn't realize how hurting pico was right now. we may need an audible sunday. okemo I guess? really don't wanna burn a skiVT 5 pack date on a superbowl half day. also don't want to burn a killington since I'm trying to save my remaining max pass K days for spring. looks like okemo I guess? gotta talk to buddy about it

jay picked up 1" Tuesday night, 3" last night, and hopefully will get another 3" tonight. they are mostly open. only the steeps off the tram, and some of the very steeps off of bonnie are closed. plenty of glades to play in. hoping buddy has enough space in car for me to bring both my rock skis and my dps. not sure yet which are more appropriate.
It looks like possible 20 MPH winds at Jay Peak this weekend. Enjoy those "wind holds".

puckoach

Going up for game on Sunday. Snow over night both Monday and Tuesday. Skiing both days.

10th year of our Superbowl Ski Trip. Watching game at Woodstock Inn. Skiing Loon.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I'm looking at the radar right now and trying to figure out how I'll get less than 2" as Noaa reports for my area (Danbury CT). Changeover to snow happened only about...oh...6 hours before it was supposed to and there's a lot of precipitation left to come.

I think some hill in Mass or VT will get 6" tonight...call me crazy. Heck, Mohawk looks like it's been getting pounded as well.

cdskier

I think some hill in Mass or VT will get 6" tonight...call me crazy.

Wouldn't surprise me at all...just looked at Sugarbush webcams and even they've had about 2" so far in the past 2 hours even though they're much further north than the bulk of the precip.

skiur

I'm looking at the radar right now and trying to figure out how I'll get less than 2" as Noaa reports for my area (Danbury CT). Changeover to snow happened only about...oh...6 hours before it was supposed to and there's a lot of precipitation left to come.

I think some hill in Mass or VT will get 6" tonight...call me crazy. Heck, Mohawk looks like it's been getting pounded as well.

Killington is reporting 5" last night, couple that with Sunday and we are definitely moving in the right direction.

drjeff

My wife just texted me that there's about 2-3" of new snow on our back deck up at Mount Snow this morning. Sunny currently and temps in the low teens with a bit of wind.

Not enough to reopen the naturals, but should make all the terrain they resurfaced this week ski quite well....

Going to likely be a LONG day in my office today getting reports from the hill from her and my daughter... ;)

Glenn

Hoping this Tuesday/Wednesday storm delivers. We need the temps to hold the mountains so it stays all snow.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

I got 2" here at home. When I went to bed last night I was thinking 4" or so.

Killington and Sugarbush got 6".

Jully

Past 24 hrs:

Jiminy Peak 6"
Mount Snow 4"
Stratton 4"
Killington 6"
MRG 4-6"
Stowe 4-6"
Your Mom: 28"

Solid totals.

From a smattering across the rest of NE:
Cannon: 6"
Wildcat: 1"
Sunday River: 1"
Crotched: 2"
Wachusett: 2"

Jcb890

Who's got the best outlook for Sunday / Saturday evening into Sunday between Mt. Snow, Killington, Loon and Wildcat? I'm surprised Wildcat only got 1" last night (that's what she said).

Right now the weather stations seem to like Loon. Thoughts?

Jully

Who's got the best outlook for Sunday / Saturday evening into Sunday between Mt. Snow, Killington, Loon and Wildcat? I'm surprised Wildcat only got 1" last night (that's what she said).

Right now the weather stations seem to like Loon. Thoughts?

I'm not sure what happened in the MWV overnight, but hope they end up getting more throughout the day. Sugarloaf also reported 4-5" of snow overnight, so SR + MWV might have just gotten skunked. Anyone there to confirm if snow is still coming down?

I'd love to not ski Loon on a Saturday and go to Wildcat instead... but I might end up there, or at K.

Jcb890

I'm not sure what happened in the MWV overnight, but hope they end up getting more throughout the day. Sugarloaf also reported 4-5" of snow overnight, so SR + MWV might have just gotten skunked. Anyone there to confirm if snow is still coming down?

I'd love to not ski Loon on a Saturday and go to Wildcat instead... but I might end up there, or at K.
I'm seeing more snow at Loon than K Saturday night into Sunday, but who knows. That's why I'm asking. I'm looking to use my MAX or Peak on Sunday and duck out a bit early to get back for the game. Otherwise, SR would be in play too.

SIKSKIER

Cannon sounding pretty optimistic.We'll see.
This time of year is notorious for big winter storms and is looking like it won’t disappoint as Sunday night into Monday we are expecting 6-10 inches with another storm setting up Tuesday night for another 6-10 inches