• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

Jully

Cannon sounding pretty optimistic.We'll see.
This time of year is notorious for big winter storms and is looking like it won’t disappoint as Sunday night into Monday we are expecting 6-10 inches with another storm setting up Tuesday night for another 6-10 inches

Middle of this week looks not bad. Hoping we can get at least some natural bump trails back in the mix by the end of the week. Trees are unlikely though, IMO. Hopefully not long after this week!

Jcb890

Loon says they got 1" at the base and 2" at the summit overnight.
Killington says they got 5" overnight.

I'm seeing 1-3" overnight Saturday into Sunday and another 5-8" Sunday into early Monday at Loon.
Killington ~1" or less overnight and 5-8" Sunday into Monday.

KustyTheKlown

jay dropped almost all ropes. 75 out of 79. only closed terrain are a couple of green trails and upper/lower can am. face, tucks, beret, Valhalla, quai, deliverance, staircase - all open. SO STOKED

Hawk

Just got off the hill at Sugarbush. Great Friday ski club today. First Chair. They got 4"-5" at the bottom and 6"-8" up top. Ripchord, Spills and Organgrinder all skied excellently. Another Foot on Monday, Foot or so Thursday and we are in business. The groundhog has spoken this morning!

JimG.

Staff member
jay dropped almost all ropes. 75 out of 79. only closed terrain are a couple of green trails and upper/lower can am. face, tucks, beret, Valhalla, quai, deliverance, staircase - all open. SO STOKED

Waiting for your report; thinking of a Jay trip next Thurs-Fri. Either that or a Quebec trip.

BenedictGomez

Considering Smuggs & Jay Peak next weekend too.

Someone please tell me it's not upper Newfoundland heritage day or some other random Canuck holiday?

Glenn

Sold my sleds a few years ago, too many shitty winters in a row:cry:

Yep, not the best last few winters. I've got some 1996 fanners that I fixed up. While it's disappointing when we can't ride, at least they don't cost anything sitting there. Maybe we'll round the corner by next weekend and hit the local trails.

fbrissette

Awwww!

How was the on-piste terrain? Imagine good coverage but scrapy/windy here and there?

Typical Jay Peak. Can Am and Alligator Alley are partly bare, but conditions were excellent Saturday, and still very good Sunday. Despite the new snow, ice still lurks everywhere but the coverage is very good. Glades ans slackcountry runs in great shape. Top of Timbuktu a bit icy on top but V.good after that

Got a solid foot (based on my own personal unbiased webcam) yesterday to this morning so the advertised 17 inches may actually be legit higher up.

Did earn some turns Saturday and Sunday in my secret stashes and conditions were fantastic. With the additional snow this week, next week-end should be amazing.