• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

Glenn

Fingers crossed. We need a dump badly after the torch this week. Still many days out and lots of variables.

BenedictGomez

I havent been very encouraged by this system, and I'm still not. I think people were just being snowptimistic, because this never really looked all that great on the models.

legalskier

This season is a disaster. Sigh. Already riding my bicycle :(

Don't despair just yet- nighttime temps are predicted to be consistently snowmaking friendly starting on Friday night. I expect many areas will turn the guns back on to satisfy their agreement to their season passholders to remain open until a date certain.

tumbler

Don't despair just yet- nighttime temps are predicted to be consistently snowmaking friendly starting on Friday night. I expect many areas will turn the guns back on to satisfy their agreement to their season passholders to remain open until a date certain.

Doubtful. It's too late to be making snow and I bet almost all of them have blown their budget with all the thaw freeze cycles we have had. Mayeb K and Snow with their new system but I don't see anyone beyond them.

Glenn

Looks like this one is tracking further south. Hoping SoVT can get something out of this. We'll see.

Smellytele

This season is a disaster. Sigh. Already riding my bicycle :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
while I haven't skied many trees this year, I have been having some great days skiing. Started out a little late but December was pretty good. While Jan was cold the snow was great and the trees were in play at Cannon and Wildcat. Feb has been warm but have had a few pretty good days. Got 4" on Sunday at Wildcat and it was skiing great. Then hit Black Monday and it was a lot of fun. Softest cord I have ever skied on and no ice at all beneath it with sunshine and a few ungroomed to keep it exciting for the whole day.

Disaster for the ski area profits? yes.
For me? Far from it.
Ski it when you can.

Jully

Doubtful. It's too late to be making snow and I bet almost all of them have blown their budget with all the thaw freeze cycles we have had. Mayeb K and Snow with their new system but I don't see anyone beyond them.

Most major NE areas will likely make some snow. Attitash and Wildcat have both pledged to if "an extended window" presents itself, whatever that means. All the Boyne areas have been making snow at night in these windows. Sunday River claims to have the team on stand by all week.

cdskier

Too late? Not really. Wasn't it just last year that Sugarbush was making snow in early March? (which was unheard of at the time for sure...but crazy weather forces people to do things they wouldn't normally do)