• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

KustyTheKlown

the cats with lots of snow are great. they still don't hold a candle to the terrain offered in northern vt and the nh whites.

BenedictGomez

Catskills going off nicely, woods are premier at all resorts. Did Platty and Hunter today.

Is Platty mostly groomed? Trying to decide which skis to bring tomorrow.

Usually they dont groom much, but according to the website it appears they've done a lot of grooming?

EDIT: Why did you ski both places in 1 day?

Platty was half groomed, but didn't matter because woods were the place. We skied both because we had plundered the Plat and I wanted to see what Hunters off piste was like so I could plan tomorrow. Neither disappointed.

Is Platty mostly groomed? Trying to decide which skis to bring tomorrow.

Usually they dont groom much, but according to the website it appears they've done a lot of grooming?

EDIT: Why did you ski both places in 1 day?

BenedictGomez

Its deep out here..windblown hardpack though ..but place is buried

It was better than that in the Cats today. Absolutely phenomenal conditions.

There was no place you couldnt ski at Platty today, if you wanted to drop-in somewhere, you could do that. The crazy high-winds that were forecast never showed up. Not only was there not the 20mph winds with gusts to 40mph like they predicted, it was windsock STILL today for most of the day!

medfordmike

Burke did well, but not as well as other mountains. But they have plenty of snow right now.

Thank you VTKilarney. I have never been to Burke and want to hit it when it is good. I am going to head up there today after doing Cannon, and Pico the last two days I might enjoy a little less burn in my legs the last half the day.

Smellytele

Thank you VTKilarney. I have never been to Burke and want to hit it when it is good. I am going to head up there today after doing Cannon, and Pico the last two days I might enjoy a little less burn in my legs the last half the day.

I was there at Burke on Thursday and it was skiing great. All woods were in and bump runs were good. groomers were soft and buttery.

On another note had some great food (and beer) at the Foggy Goggle Osteria in Burke. Hard to find and looks like an old farm house.

medfordmike

I was there at Burke on Thursday and it was skiing great. All woods were in and bump runs were good. groomers were soft and buttery.

On another note had some great food (and beer) at the Foggy Goggle Osteria in Burke. Hard to find and looks like an old farm house.

Thanks. i found similar coverage today but the snow was more packed powder. Beautiful day but cold. Too bad Burke is too far out of the way for me normally, I really enjoyed the terrain. I see why some on here are so passionate about the place. I stopped at P&H Truck Stop on the way home. Always a good choice if your heading south on 91.

Glenn

Conditions are great out there now! And temps look to stay below freezing for most of the week.

Looks like this next storm is a miss for ski country...but perhaps something this weekend?