• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

KustyTheKlown

Awwww!

How was the on-piste terrain? Imagine good coverage but scrapy/windy here and there?

I didn't really ski many/any runs aside from getting to the woods and the run outs from the woods, but as brissette said, pretty typical. the woods skied great tho. knee deep powder after the sketchy entrance to the face chutes. vertigo and deliverance a little scratchy. beyond beaver was great. everglade was great. hit Timbuktu and kitz woods as last runs and they were definitely scratchy by then, but with all this new snow from last night, everything is definitely super prime

pico was super fun yesterday. the snow quality was great on piste. little thin in the woods. I was the only person to ski poma line with all the new snow and it skied so fun, but would probably be no fun for the second guy down after I pushed the powder away

got 10 bottles to go at hill farmstead (1 Arthur, 1 anna, 2 Florence, 2 flora, 2 suarez, 2 soigne)

great weekend

Edd

Today is my first day at Okemo ever and they have 14” of fresh. So glad my Soul 7s were in the car.
b0d697920eda754ce7dc22235059e038.jpg

Pez

the snow is coming, and of course i'm getting sick.

KustyTheKlown

yea not so worried about that. gfs also doesn't show rain til somewhat later in the day sunday.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I'm thinking Stratton on Friday to play in the trees. Killington may have won with this last storm but S. VT is forecasted to be the big winner Wednesday night. Odds of a foot+ increasing...

medfordmike

Today is my first day at Okemo ever and they have 14” of fresh. So glad my Soul 7s were in the car.

I was at Okemo today too with a couple of folks for a long planned day trip. Maybe not my first choice for a powder day mountain but with so much snow no complaints as long as I was skiing not working. The sun even made an appearance late the in the day. The folks I was with were more intermediate and really struggled. More than once I heard "I wish they groomed more"!

BenedictGomez

AFAIK you're good to go !

Awesome. I'd hate to make that drive only to find out it's National Maple Syrup Day.

Picked up a pair of these and cant wait to try them in the woods this weekend. Only used them on-piste so far, but those skis really WANT to turn. They would not be my choice for skiing groomers, but I anticipate they'll love being in the trees.

Edd

I was at Okemo today too with a couple of folks for a long planned day trip. Maybe not my first choice for a powder day mountain but with so much snow no complaints as long as I was skiing not working. The sun even made an appearance late the in the day. The folks I was with were more intermediate and really struggled. More than once I heard "I wish they groomed more"!

Yeah people were getting beat up. It seemed like nearly every trail bumped up fast (although this pic doesn’t make it look that way). They got nearly triple the expected totals. Such a nice surprise today.

b67264ace036e1e1d4b48487df88f549.jpg

Edd

Picked up a pair of these and cant wait to try them in the woods this weekend. Only used them on-piste so far, but those skis really WANT to turn. They would not be my choice for skiing groomers, but I anticipate they'll love being in the trees.

Favorite skis I’ve owned. Mine are a few years old, not the HD version. I rented those for 4 days last year in the Banff area and really liked them.

bdfreetuna

Going to Bromley tomorrow and pretty pumped for 12" that's mainly been flattened into groomers. Looking forward to an easy hero snow cruisin' day on the Sun Mountain before I start working my way further north for the season.

Heck I'm looking forward to any skiing at this point as the weather and 2 month old daughter been limiting the season.