• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter reality show Winter Break to air in Feb on MTV

asnowmobiler

Be careful driving in town near Hunter, the police are ridiculous. We had dinner at the bar/restaurant across from the entrance to the mountain, we saw a least five people get pulled over in that short time we were there.

Hawkshot99

OR worse, the relative beginners on advanced trails, zigging and zagging with no discern pattern. You are coming down fast and try to go safely outside what looks like the width they are taking based on the few zig and zags you observed them doing, but then, out of the blue, they don't make that zig, but keep on going toward the side, and you keep decreasing your last turn's radius, waiting for them to make that zig so you can eventually turn and ski pass them safely outside of their boundary while they are also facing the other way. You wait for that zig to the point where you have practically no more trail left to the side and make a pass with you in their sight, maybe startling them.
So your saying the downhill skier who has the right of way was skiing across the trail??

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app

Funky_Catskills

Be careful driving in town near Hunter, the police are ridiculous. We had dinner at the bar/restaurant across from the entrance to the mountain, we saw a least five people get pulled over in that short time we were there.

just do the speed limit.. All good.. Especially in town where it's 30...

Edd

jmgard

You guys are right but he did do a decent job of verbalizing a moment many of us have on the hill. I liked it.

I call it "getting pinched". I know I'm the asshole as someone who likes to ski kind of fast, but to me skiing (similarly to driving) is about anticipating others' movements in order to not hit them. When they are kind of erratic like that, it is really hard to predict where they are going to be and therefore where I should not be.

jmgard

Same goes for a lot of ski towns. Lincoln NH, Wilmington VT, the entirety of rt. 49 from 93 to Waterville, 91 from Deerfield to Brattleboro, etc. They all love to make some sweet $$$ off out-of-staters...

Jcb890

I call it "getting pinched". I know I'm the asshole as someone who likes to ski kind of fast, but to me skiing (similarly to driving) is about anticipating others' movements in order to not hit them. When they are kind of erratic like that, it is really hard to predict where they are going to be and therefore where I should not be.
Agreed.

tnt1234

Local checking in...

This was filmed in my buddy Ernies house - He made some good cash off of it.. Another really good friend lived across the street - he never heard a peep from it. I'm not very social but I can tell you I didn't even know it was going on. I heard they took over some bars etc... But I usually stay home unless I'm playing music.

Whatever - to me it's important for people to make money up here right now. The town is making a positive turn and we need to take advantage of it. The old days of "Vinny and Tony" are pretty much past us and now we see the hipsters kind of moving in.. I see this as a positive.

I'm actually beyond the haters of Hunter now.. Think what you want. I'm comfortable with my choice of living here - good skiing - cool local scene- close to NYC for work. Peoples hate just doesn't affect me anymore because most of it is from the past and if that's where people want to dwell - I can't stop that..

Oh and I need cable because I work out of my house.. But no TV cable for the last few years...

tannersville seems like a cool town.

catskillman

Local checking in...

This was filmed in my buddy Ernies house - He made some good cash off of it.. Another really good friend lived across the street - he never heard a peep from it. I'm not very social but I can tell you I didn't even know it was going on. I heard they took over some bars etc... But I usually stay home unless I'm playing music.

Whatever - to me it's important for people to make money up here right now. The town is making a positive turn and we need to take advantage of it. The old days of "Vinny and Tony" are pretty much past us and now we see the hipsters kind of moving in.. I see this as a positive.

I'm actually beyond the haters of Hunter now.. Think what you want. I'm comfortable with my choice of living here - good skiing - cool local scene- close to NYC for work. Peoples hate just doesn't affect me anymore because most of it is from the past and if that's where people want to dwell - I can't stop that..

Oh and I need cable because I work out of my house.. But no TV cable for the last few years...

There was a staged fight at slopes (which the building is now about to collapse apparently) and they were at Ronnie's one night. I was told they were only interested in filming the younger crowd and avoided anyone over 40 .... I saw them at the mountain several times but not out and about.......