• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Utah: How bad can it be?

BenedictGomez

The proposal is that folks can stop, and if there is no oncoming traffic, just proceed. In any direction at a red light. Completely stupid.

As long as urban and heavily suburban areas are not included, I'd like the idea.

A good example is the light at 22A/rt 7 in Vergennes. Completely useless traffic light 99% of the day, and you can see long distances in both directions.

Thats like drinking almost 12 beers....

Last night I decided I don't like high alcohol content beers after having maybe the 4th variety of those I've had and not liking any of them. This was a 12.4% oak barrel aged Founders IPA, and I love the regular Founders IPA so I figured why not. Long story short it tasted like beer splashed with whiskey, I could definitely taste the oak barrel aging. Did not like.

Also, it was a 24 ounce beer (with a fancy wax covered top for reasons I do not underrated) and I realized drinking this one beer would be equivalent to downing a 6-pack. Yikes.

Jcb890

As long as urban and heavily suburban areas are not included, I'd like the idea.

A good example is the light at 22A/rt 7 in Vergennes. Completely useless traffic light 99% of the day, and you can see long distances in both directions.

Last night I decided I don't like high alcohol content beers after having maybe the 4th variety of those I've had and not liking any of them. This was a 12.4% oak barrel aged Founders IPA, and I love the regular Founders IPA so I figured why not. Long story short it tasted like beer splashed with whiskey, I could definitely taste the oak barrel aging. Did not like.

Also, it was a 24 ounce beer (with a fancy wax covered top for reasons I do not underrated) and I realized drinking this one beer would be equivalent to downing a 6-pack. Yikes.
I prefer my high-ABV beers to not be IPAs. I personally feel that IPAs don't hide the alcohol taste/burn compared to other styles. Also, usually when that happens those same IPAs are high in IBU so they're more bitter to begin with.

Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stouts and Sours are my go-to for that category.

GregoryIsaacs

Utah is bad because of the legality of one thing= Marijuana

Come on vacation leave on probation...... no thanks

bdfreetuna

I find the "Oak Barrel" beers to taste like garbage. I'm not a person to sip beers, but I'm not a person to chug whiskey either. Capiche?

Also, only cops and people from Utah calibrate a single beer based on 12oz 4.8% ABV. I consider that a half beer, you probably do too.

kingslug

I've had that one..I thought it was awesome..but then again I've had Brew Dogs Tactical Nuclear Penguin at 37% ..3rd strongest beer ever made.

SIKSKIER

Most traffic lights have sensors to trip the light if there is no activity in the other direction.I would guess there are a lot of lights there in remote areas that dont have those and dont want to spend money to change the so pass a law to allow.The red light post got me thinking about where Mass has a left turn on red after stop law.I thought that was bs so I looked it up.Yup,but only if both streets are one way.https://www.motorists.org/left-turn-on-red/

Attachments

• leftturnonred.jpg
    leftturnonred.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 114

Jcb890

I find the "Oak Barrel" beers to taste like garbage. I'm not a person to sip beers, but I'm not a person to chug whiskey either. Capiche?

Also, only cops and people from Utah calibrate a single beer based on 12oz 4.8% ABV. I consider that a half beer, you probably do too.

When you come from drinking vodka , high ABV IPAs are just the ticket.
Not really, but sure. There's some beer styles that taste as good or better as they warm up.

12oz is 12oz and enough of them will fill you up. I prefer not to "waste" my 12oz.

Different strokes for different folks though. I'll never fault anyone because they enjoy Bud Light. I just generally won't drink it myself.

cdskier

Different strokes for different folks though. I'll never fault anyone because they enjoy Bud Light. I just generally won't drink it myself.

That reminds me of something that happened last weekend at Sugarbush's new outdoor bar. Someone came up and asked for a bottled water. The bartender asked if they wanted a bottle of actual water or if they really meant they wanted a bottle of bud light. :grin:

Edd

In a restaurant or bar, the booze situation is depressing. The draft beer sucks across the board for me. The pours on cocktails are weak. It feels like I’ve got to spend a fortune to catch a buzz.

It’s like a parody of an actual bar. Or like that movie Pleasantville, where life is black and white and oddly sterile.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone