Killington 2/7/18 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mriceyman View Post
    Should be in your position in about 35 years lol
    Many folks act amazed that I'm perfectly content not working anymore. They tell me I would be happier at least being a part timer.

It's been 3 years since I retired and frankly I'm not feeling that way at all! Awesome to be able to ski or fish whenever I want (within reason) and the quality time I get to spend with my 15 year old every day is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Many folks act amazed that I'm perfectly content not working anymore. They tell me I would be happier at least being a part timer.

It's been 3 years since I retired and frankly I'm not feeling that way at all! Awesome to be able to ski or fish whenever I want (within reason) and the quality time I get to spend with my 15 year old every day is priceless.
    I love my work, it's incredibly challenging and immensely fulfilling despite the huge stress it often involves. That said the goal is to get to retirement as young as I possibly can. I could retire tomorrow at 42 years old quite easily. I'd probably commit some time to the local community a couple of days a week (maybe cook for the local meals on wheels program or help out in some other way to give back to the elderly) only after giving the most of my time to family and friends. Chasing snow would be the cherry on top.

Good on you Jim for finding your full freedom

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I love my work, it's incredibly challenging and immensely fulfilling despite the huge stress it often involves. That said the goal is to get to retirement as young as I possibly can. I could retire tomorrow at 42 years old quite easily. I'd probably commit some time to the local community a couple of days a week (maybe cook for the local meals on wheels program or help out in some other way to give back to the elderly) only after giving the most of my time to family and friends. Chasing snow would be the cherry on top.

Good on you Jim for finding your full freedom
    I have been looking at volunteering in the community or school system over the past few weeks. Sort of a New Year's resolution to give back, to do some good.

Even though I don't need more, you have to give to get.

Thread Information