• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre?

tnt1234

Has anyone been to Belleayre after the snow this week?

Website says no glades open? Is that true? Hows the rest of teh mountain skiing? Thinking about heading there Sat.

mikec142

I was at Windham yesterday. They got about 6" on Wednesday, but the storm ended with freezing rain. Anything groomed (most of the mountain) was firm, but edgeable and fun. Anything not groomed was powder with an inch thick crust that was awful. I can't imagine skiing any glades in those conditions. Definitely a fun day, but the freezing rain didn't help.

cdskier

Windham and Belleayre are almost 30 miles apart though...so there is a chance Bell didn't get as much freezing rain as Windham. Historically speaking Bell does tend to do better on snowfall than Windham.

Bandit2941

Skied it on Wednesday during the storm. Got about 8" and it was excellent until it changed to sleet then freezing rain around 230. When I left it was raining hard.

Probably similar to windham report. Whiteface was great today they had all snow.