• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2017-18 Western ski plans

jimk

2017-18 Western ski plans.

Don't want to offend the dedicated Eastern skiers here (hope you guys have a blast at Sugarloaf Mar 9-11), but it seems like there are a lot of folks on this board making trips to the West.

Curious, anyone care to share their approximate western travel schedule (past/present/future) for this season? It might be fun to see the scope of activities among the various members? Ski travel beyond North America is also of interest.

Me: UT in late Jan/early Feb, UT and Northern Rockies/Western Canada road trip in March

bigbog

House renovations ongoing still....but am still eyeing chances to head west, but no specific plans yet. The Northern Rockies/Western Canada road trip sounds really nice jimk.

WoodCore

Aspen/Snowmass last week of March

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

thetrailboss

Staff member
Utah, um, the whole season. ;)

Grand Targhee next weekend.

Happy to help with tips and advice if folks want to PM. Today was pretty nice at Snowbird.

SkiFanE

Looks fun but it wasn't clear in the video if you get the authentic experience of cleaning out the stables or not. :) Are the cowboy hats included?

Crap - I didn't ask lol. Maybe that's part of the teen program?!

I love cowboy hat but then I think I should bring a helmet! Fashion over sensibility? Noone in pics has a helmet. Maybe the nice soft meadows and creek water protect you.

speden

If they let you canter or gallop on the horses then a helmet would be a good idea. They would probably provide them if that's the case and you wouldn't need to bring one. I once rode a very fast horse named "Gunner", and he tried really hard to kill me. :) If they just keep the horses at a walk or trot, then I'd go with the cowboy hat. Looks like a fun place. You should go back in winter too. There's some decent skiing there...

colinuberalles

I was just at Alyeska in Alaska, which was pretty good considering it hadn't snowed in a few days... still got freshies from putting a little work in. On the way back, we hit Crystal Mountain in Washington. It's a relatively unheard of mountain, which made it that much better. They have been getting some of the most snow out west this season.

Crystal is the place!! Was out in Seattle on business and took and extra day to ski Crystal and hit it perfectly. Want to go back.
DSC07369.jpgDSC07367.jpgDSC07361.jpgDSC07375.jpg