• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. Snow 2/16&17 "fashionably late"

reefer

Shout out to all who got some at Mt. Snow this w/e, especially Hawkshot99 and Eastcoastskiier with whom I spent a good portion of the day Friday with. Friday, Ego Alley was turning by 8:45. Hopped on at 9:00. Knee deep approx. 9:15 on Sap Tapper. Ouch! But yes! Again Ego chair to the Meadow, Upper sundance Lift turning, lifty says soon! Yes!
Meet up wit ECS and Hawk at 10:05. Up Ego, down Meadow, up sundance, down Uncles, more stash. Head over to Bear Trap, closed. Lap Carinthia a couple times finding some nice snow, notice the Summit is turning, let's go. On the Summit at 11:15. Two laps down a fresh Ledges. I take lunch, EC and Hawk want more, do Ledges again I think. Back out at 1:15ish, no ropes on North Face, the gates of heaven have opened. Lapped it too many times to count. The boyz loved Challanger, held it's snow well! Saturday more of the same except more tree skiing, probably 3/4 of our runs. The woods at Mount Snow are as good as it gets right now. Enjoy!
More pics in the gallery also........

Last edited:

eastcoastskiier

the snow was SWEEET, i think we are gonna try and make another trip up there in the second week in march. Hit snow one day, and then stratton the following. something to taht extent. pictures are great, but hardly give justice to the SICK conditions

Newpylong

Good ol' Ego Alley. That's the best work-out that lift has seen in a while. Sundance too. Make you appreciate them still having those old Triples.

Looks awesome. Conditions there were good pre storm can't imagine during or after. I would have loved to be able to drop into Ripcord after that dump...

reefer

the snow was SWEEET, i think we are gonna try and make another trip up there in the second week in march. Hit snow one day, and then stratton the following. something to taht extent. pictures are great, but hardly give justice to the SICK conditions

Yeah, the pictures never do! I'm in for a Snow/Stratton double shot! Keep me posted!

reefer

Good ol' Ego Alley. That's the best work-out that lift has seen in a while. Sundance too. Make you appreciate them still having those old Triples.

Looks awesome. Conditions there were good pre storm can't imagine during or after. I would have loved to be able to drop into Ripcord after that dump...

They can be the best kept secrets on a busy Saturday. No lines and one drops you off at the front door of Sap Tapper, and the other at Fantastics, amongst others.

2knees

oh man, plummet and jaws must've turned into sweet bumpers real quick on saturday. All those pics are awesome. I gotta get my a$$ up there and use my asc giftcards before they are useless. sorry the meetup ended at 2 different ski areas but both parties involved got the goodies. noice.

reefer

oh man, plummet and jaws must've turned into sweet bumpers real quick on saturday. All those pics are awesome. I gotta get my a$$ up there and use my asc giftcards before they are useless. sorry the meetup ended at 2 different ski areas but both parties involved got the goodies. noice.

Yes, by Saturday afternoon the bumps were getting there! That's why I went in the woods, it was easier skiing and my legs were shot......and no one was really in the woods!