• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bretton Woods - 2/9/18

speden

Good conditions at Bretton today, especially in the glades. They didn't get any rain in the last storm, so I didn't run into any ice, and the 9" of fresh snow from yesterday has set things up nicely. They are 100% open, so I was hitting a lot of stuff I haven't had a chance to in the past. I didn't even know they had a T-bar, so did some glades off that for the first time. Pretty much hit every area on the mountain and coverage was great. The groomers were good for carving, and there were a lot of ungroomed side areas and trails with leftovers from the storm.

Only thing missing was a good bump run. Aggassiz has some bumps, but they aren't well developed yet. There are also some bumps under a few of the lifts. My favorite trail today was the Zephyr Glade West. The trail gets very little traffic so the snow was still fresh, and it's so wide I could take a different line down each time. Also enjoyed the little pod off the Rosebrook quad, but those trails are unfortunately quite short since BW is of course challenged in the area of steeps.

Overall had a fun day and it was a bargain since they had a sale on weekday tickets for $49. Temps were chilly in the morning and near the end of the day, but I was working hard in the trees so was often sweaty. Since there was no wind, I never felt cold. Lifts were ski on all day, except a short wait on the Bethlehem, but I rarely used that one. Legs were really running on empty by the time the lifts closed, but I didn't want to stop.

bdfreetuna

Haven't been up there since they added all the woods terrain. Is it basically a whole 2nd mountain that's mainly glades now?

Edd

Not really. The T-bar is short with runs to match. It’s a nice bit of terrain but just as low angle as the rest of the mountain so I’ve never stayed over there very long as it doesn’t seem worth the trouble.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

speden

Yeah the glades off the T-bar are really low angle so it's a little puzzling. I normally think of T-bars as good for accessing harder terrain.

Rushski

Was there FRiday as well, but even better deal as I had Fox free tickets. Conditions were great!

The Sneak

Saturday was also awesome.
Ravine, West Mountain Glades, John Graves, unmarked stuff, best day of season

speden

I didn't know there were so many AZers out there that day. We should have had a party. :)

I thought I had a good deal on my lift ticket that day, but it looks like I paid more than everyone else. Even a few people I talked to on the lifts had a senior discount and got tickets for $25.

chuckstah

I didn't know there were so many AZers out there that day. We should have had a party. :)

I thought I had a good deal on my lift ticket that day, but it looks like I paid more than everyone else. Even a few people I talked to on the lifts had a senior discount and got tickets for $25.
Some of the friends I skied with were on the $49 tix and had no complaints about anything.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app