• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter's lifts...........or lack of now!!

I was on B lift at 8:30, 2 runs there, 2 runs on D, 2 runs on F, great man made across the face. then over to West. Pretty icey, but edges were doable. Stayed all day. Great lunch at Scotty's. Late day runs on D lift Racers, till 4:30pm

Quietman

Peaks is also in the midst of fixing the rocket at crotched as it is having electrical issues.

No help to the Hunter situation, but the Rocket at the Crotch ran fine all day today. And they did blow some snow last night.

So Inclined

Late day runs on D lift Racers, till 4:30pm

The line for D around 1:45 - 2:00 looked appalling. "F this, I've got a pass, I'm going home" bad, for me, despite my suspicion that Racers and Ike would be sweet with so little traffic all day. Did it get decent enough at the end of the day that you could lap it?

cc1

Feb. 18, 2018
F lift still inoperable
Six pack inoperable

Since Peak Resorts took over Hunter Mtn. the quality and quantity of snowmaking has diminished, lift maintenance is at an all time low, lodge is not being maintained and cleaned as well.

They still tell people that 40 something trails are "available" (key word) and 9 lifts are "available" (key word). They don't tell you that you have to take bus to the west side, ride that lift to the top, then ski down the front, and take the bus back over and do it again, a 1 hr 1 run.

They give vouchers to people who buy lift tickets, but the loyal and dedicated season passholders get no compensation for a week of no summit lift service.

They continue to lie and deceive the public.

They announce F lift is open...then F lift breaks down within 2 hours of opening Saturday.....F lift has been plagued all season long by issues and has been basically inoperable.

The lastest was the six pack part was on a plane that broke so it couldn't get there. It makes me wonder if the plane was raided and searched for oxycodone transport in the parts that were getting sent to Hunter Mountain. Similar to the oxy trafficking scam involving Jesse Boyd (who posted a photo of snowmaking today at Hunter Mountain)...which is even more of a clusterflock because the snow they made was on trails they knew could never be accessed because the summit lifts were broke.

The line for D around 1:45 - 2:00 looked appalling. "F this, I've got a pass, I'm going home" bad, for me, despite my suspicion that Racers and Ike would be sweet with so little traffic all day. Did it get decent enough at the end of the day that you could lap it?

D lift was ski on at 3pm yesterday. 6 pack now loading ski patrol as I watch.

mriceyman

Hunter says its loading on ig

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

cc1

As of this mornings update the six pack is loading EVERY OTHER CHAIR. Does the issue have something to do with weight, pulling power? Does anyone know for sure?

Also F lift is still down, so is the attitude...let's forget about the F lift again?

Was on 6 pack early, and then headed west. Nice powder and good grooming underneath. This lasted about 2 hours. Pretty scratched off now.
6 pack supposedly running on backup

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
As of this mornings update the six pack is loading EVERY OTHER CHAIR. Does the issue have something to do with weight, pulling power? Does anyone know for sure?

Also F lift is still down, so is the attitude...let's forget about the F lift again?

Skied by the bottom of F lift and 2 mechanics were up in the terminal. The people working there are just as frustrated, trust me!

FBGM

That 6 at mount Blow is nothing but problems as well. Id put the blames on Poma. Their stuff is junk. But the main blame game is on the lift maintenance at these resorts. Shit is scary. Don't catch me on that stuff sober.

Funky_Catskills

Friends that work a Hunter are frustrated at the "perfect storm" that hit them..
They are shocked that people they consider friends would say things that are demeaning to the place they work when they haven't even asked what was up.
As a "local" with my future somewhat tied to Hunter I'm ignoring all this the best that I can and hoping that this equipment issue can be rectified without constantly dissing Hunter while they scramble to get things working 100%...
As a snowboarder - I actually used this to my advantage and rode an empty West Side through this whole thing while people bitched..

tnt1234

Wow - pretty incredible and rotten timing. Hope they get it sorted and learn some lessons from this.

Can't imagine how crazed the crowds must have been this weekend.

Vaughn

Friends that work a Hunter are frustrated at the "perfect storm" that hit them..
They are shocked that people they consider friends would say things that are demeaning to the place they work when they haven't even asked what was up.
As a "local" with my future somewhat tied to Hunter I'm ignoring all this the best that I can and hoping that this equipment issue can be rectified without constantly dissing Hunter while they scramble to get things working 100%...
As a snowboarder - I actually used this to my advantage and rode an empty West Side through this whole thing while people bitched..

I get wanting your local to be a good mountain. You lose me where you seem to be saying people shouldn't complain about paying $85 to go to a mountain when large chunks of it are offline due to maintenance issues. I'll side with the customer over the corporation on that one. Can't operate properly on a holiday weekend? Take the loss and discount or refund tickets instead of abusing the trust of your paying customers.

danimals

Wait...they charged full holiday pricing while all those lifts were down?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Vaughn

Sorry to cause any confusion - I don't know if they charged full price or not. If they didn't or gave out refunds, that's different and maybe they should be cut a break.

cdskier

Flyer still running at half capacity and F still down. And yes, the report says they are charging $85 at the window. Although to be fair you could argue that they're not exactly hiding the fact that a couple lifts are down or not at full capacity. If you still choose to pay the price and ski, that's your choice. Is there a precedent for any other mountains offering discounts when key lifts are down? Even on days with wind holds at mountains on many lifts I can't recall discounted tickets being offered.

I could understand the argument about lift tickets for people that bought ahead of time with the assumption lifts would be running. In that case, making refunds available for people that don't want to ski in those conditions would make sense and be the right thing to do from a customer service perspective. I haven't seen anything one way or the other on whether they are doing this though, so maybe they are.

kartski

Sorry to cause any confusion - I don't know if they charged full price or not. If they didn't or gave out refunds, that's different and maybe they should be cut a break.

According to their website, there is a 1 Hr Snow Guaranty. If you don't like it after an Hour, you can get a Voucher, no cash.

Funky_Catskills

I get wanting your local to be a good mountain. You lose me where you seem to be saying people shouldn't complain about paying $85 to go to a mountain when large chunks of it are offline due to maintenance issues. I'll side with the customer over the corporation on that one. Can't operate properly on a holiday weekend? Take the loss and discount or refund tickets instead of abusing the trust of your paying customers.

I didn't say that.. Complain all the F you want. Everyone I know has a season pass..
Everyone I know is frustrated. Just giving everyone another perspective.

It's not just customers that are suffering..
People that work at the mountain that actually do care are frustrated as well. They read this shit... It affects them..
People that own businesses are frustrated when people cancel reservations because they hear how ad people make this out to be.
I'm frankly just shocked at the constant negativity I see from my friends that call people that work at the mountain friends...
It really does affect them..