• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter's lifts...........or lack of now!!

cdskier

This was never a holiday week at Hunter. Peak resorts does holiday on presidents day, but not the week.

Ah. The way the report was worded made it sound like it was something they were doing to make up for the lift issues...

We would like to thank all of you for your ongoing patience in regard to the F Lift and the Kaatskill Flyer. The Flyer will continue to run at half capacity today and we hope to have it back up and running at full speed as soon as possible. As for F-Lift, we are continuing to work with the lift manufacturing engineers to resolve the issue.

Although it is a holiday week, we will not be charging holiday rates for lift tickets this week which means you can save big while enjoying your holiday break on the slopes.

catskillman

Ah. The way the report was worded made it sound like it was something they were doing to make up for the lift issues...
I agree. They are still saying that,

AND - then today they say the West Side is closed completely. What is going on now???????

cdskier

I agree. They are still saying that,

AND - then today they say the West Side is closed completely. What is going on now???????

Could be conditions related due to the wacky weather... The Flyer is supposed to be back to full capacity now though (or at least that was the plan listed in the report).

Funky_Catskills

Just got in from a bunch of warm and sunny runs...

I just did top to bottoms to the 6Pack -which ran fine.
Racers,Ike, Juega...

Coverage is hurting. Weather sucks..

abc

“you can save big while enjoying your holiday break on the slopes”

Seriously???

“Save big” when the lift is down and the best terrain is inaccessible?

The best “save” is to ski somewhere else!

catskillman

“you can save big while enjoying your holiday break on the slopes”

Seriously???

“Save big” when the lift is down and the best terrain is inaccessible?

The best “save” is to ski somewhere else!

do they honestly think we are falling for this? Great move - treat your customers like idiots. This is the talk everywhere in town and at the mtn...lot of bad vibes brewing and brewing more than I can remember ......

Funky_Catskills

do they honestly think we are falling for this? Great move - treat your customers like idiots. This is the talk everywhere in town and at the mtn...lot of bad vibes brewing and brewing more than I can remember ......

My local friends don't share this angst...
There's more bad vibes being generated by weekenders right now then they can handle.
It's becoming clear to many who is on the side of the mountain and who is not.
My suggestion for someone that wants some day passes from an employee is to not diss the mountain that these people make a living from..

Just my .02

Smellytele

There's more bad vibes being generated by weekenders right now then they can handle.
My suggestion for someone that wants some day passes from an employee is to not diss the mountain that these people make a living from..

Just my .02

So sell out. - "If you pay me off and I won't say anything"

catskillman

Just my .02
?? If folks are looking for a free pass that suggests to me that they are not regular skiers at all, unless they hit up multiple employees for passes. I guess I am just confused by this comment. It is a mess for sure, and these are seasonal low paying jobs...most are seasonal anyway.

Funky_Catskills

?? If folks are looking for a free pass that suggests to me that they are not regular skiers at all, unless they hit up multiple employees for passes. I guess I am just confused by this comment. It is a mess for sure, and these are seasonal low paying jobs...most are seasonal anyway.

Not everyone has a low paying job... At least for the area...
Employees sometimes have extra tickets that they can use at their discretion. Friends and Family stuff...

cc1

Just my .02

I feel sorry for the employees who are getting royally screwed by Peak Resorts business model, which is clearly different than the previous style of ownership. It's clearly obvious that Peak Resorts takeover of Hunter Mtn. has significantly effected decision making at the management levels.

There is clearly less snow being made, clearly less lift maintenance, clearly less maintenance of the lodge, clearly a decline in grooming quality.........

clearly no communication between the left and the right hands.....
Ex. Let's make snow on the top of the mountain when no frontside summit lift is working to get us there
Ex. Let's let the F lift limp along and pray the 6 doesn't break, leaving no alternatives to the summit.
Ex. NO SUMMIT lifts operating, shuttle to west side Z lift......so let's not groom trails on the west side, so unungroomed frozen terrrain "available" is not good customer service....yet thats the only summit to base lift serviced terrain "available".
Ex. Let's drop our customers off the shuttle and make them walk to the Z lift, up and over a solid ice embankment.
Ex. Let's remove anyone who disagrees or comments on our Facebook page with a critical comment to hide the truth from the public
Etc, etc, etc.....

Peak Resorts needs to fund more snowmaking, improve the quality of the grooming, fix the lifts before the expansion even starts which it altready has, and improve customer service. I don't remember this much public outrage/criticism of the previous ownership.

My 2 cents.

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ

Just my .02

I'm a second home owner (30+yrs) I'm trying to give the mtn a break, but please!!!! The season's not going to last long this year because of the lack of snow made, heck I saw this coming when it was -10 and the guns were off, this was in December when electricity is cheaper! This is hurting the whole area, I love Hunter we cannot control the weather, but by golly we can prepare for it! Orville and Izzy would of!

Funky_Catskills

FYI - my buddy on patrol says the mountain is skiing great... Racers Edge has a couple inches of loose granular thats now being covered with fresh and is awesome...