• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tremblant 2/13/18

skifastinvt

What a difference a day makes! Still firm and fast, but most of the glare was covered up by extensive grooming last night. Bluebird with temps topping out in the high teens. Best snow on the mountain were the groomers off the edge chair. Bumps and woods off edge chair look to have great coverage, but are still too firm for my taste. Most of north side that was groomed was good. I thought soleil chair was really good today as well. Another night of grooming should make tomorrow even better, but with high temps in the low 30s and mostly cloudy I don't see anything softening up tomorrow. Chance of light snow/mix on Thurs with temps in the mid 30s. Bring your carving skis and thank the groomers!

Looking forward to two more days of vacation. I am growing to really like this mountain. I can't imagine fighting the crowds on a weekend or holiday, but my two midweek trips here in the past two years (early February) have offered moderate crowds, fast lifts, long interesting cruisers, solid snow conditions, some quality steeps and super convenient slopeside lodging that is half the cost what New England resorts offer. It's worth the eight hour drive (mostly highway) from MA as long as the exchange rate is favorable. It's really hard for me to compare Tremblant's terrain to another New England ski area. Curious on thoughts from others....A combo of Stowe and Stratton, with the northside feeling a bit like sugarbush/mt. Ellen?? Honestly, some of the trails feel more like Park City than a New England area.

bdfreetuna

You got 2 days left so pics or it didn't happen!

Never been but it's on my to-do list with Mt Saint Anne and Le Massif.

Only QC place I've skied is Sutton and I loved it, but it was similar firm/fast/icey conditions so I'd love a do-over on that one too.