• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gore Mountain - 2/10-2/11

millerm277

Date(s) Skied: 2/10-2/11

Resort or Ski Area: Gore Mountain

Conditions: Snow - Good, variable but little to no ice or dirt/rocks. Weather - R*in/terrible.

Trip Report: Snow was actually in solid shape everywhere. Base depths weren't huge but there wasn't much poking out on the trails as of 2pm Sunday. Glades weren't deep, but many were skiable without worrying about your bases too much.

Hudson Chair went down mid-morning on Saturday, which was a disappointment and wasted a good hour of my day with a shuttle back to the main face.

Sunday started off pretty decent, but the rain and fog was getting worse and I eventually called it quits. Still, got some nice runs in, a particular highlight of the day was some great snow on Chatiemac and Open Pit.

lerops

I was there on those days as well. Surprisingly good conditions, even on Sunday despite the rain.

First time there, one thing that was surprising was the lack of large trail maps on the mountain. Same with Whiteface. Must be a NY state thing.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Warp Daddy

Gore is a real fav!!! , 9 distinctive pods , very seldom once off the gondi will you see lines , beaucoup glades , great views of the HIGH PEAKS region up top as well as Killington on clear days, a, something for everyone !!

millerm277

I was there on those days as well. Surprisingly good conditions, even on Sunday despite the rain.

Yeah it was, I was just so drenched by the early afternoon that I had to call it quits. Wish I'd brought my hiking rain gear instead of ski gear.

First time there, one thing that was surprising was the lack of large trail maps on the mountain. Same with Whiteface. Must be a NY state thing.

I'd never thought about that before, but you're right. I think there's one up at the top of the main face and that's basically it.