• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Crotched Mountain Rocket Challenge

Vaughn

Sorry, but you don't have to run the full 2000 vertical in one shot at a place like Wildcat to appreciate the length of runs. Lousy argument. Skiing 1760 vertical with a 30 second rest along the way is still a much better experience for most skiers that doing two TTB 880 vertical funs with a 4 minute chair ride in between even if there are no lift lines.

I get your point that you can get an absolute ton of skiing in at CM and spend more time on snow than many larger areas, but CM still skis pretty small and somewhat boring when the trees aren't in play or there aren't any bumps. That's a lot of the season for CM. Couple that with an undesirable commute for many, and that's two of the reasons they struggle for market share

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

I'm going to ski 56 runs tomorrow at Blue Hill to get to 10K vert and live tweet it. #moderntimes

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
I'm going to ski 56 runs tomorrow at Blue Hill to get to 10K vert and live tweet it. #moderntimes

Tell us that you matched your 56 runs with 100K feet of vertical and some of us might be impressed! IMO, the quantity of runs is not significant. Vertical drop is what I was touting in the opening of this thread.

By the way, the Blue Hills is a wonderful place and your 56 runs will net you a bit over 20K vertical, which most people would consider a full day's skiing. I went to Black Mtn. of Maine last season: caught the first chair in the AM and the last chair at closing and came up just short of 20K vertical.