• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon 2/18

Vaughn

The good: 3-4" of fresh snow, 30˚+, minimal lift lines after about noon. Lots of fun skiing from patch to patch of snow. A lot of soft moguls waiting to catch the inattentive off guard. Front 5 were bumping up but I assume that will get flattened tonight. Didn't get over to Mittersill but it was racing today anyways. More stuff open than a month ago when I was last there (Vista Way, Hard Scrabble)

The bad: lots of hard, hard pack and ice under that snow. The drop down from the Peabody lift to the Cannonball lift was ... fast ice by the end of the day and not a fun time for a low intermediate skier. Totally skied off in the middle of the mountain by about 2pm. Flat light with ice/bump combo was tiring in that you had to really pay attention more than usual.

I hoped the sun would come out and soften it up a bit but it never did.

bdfreetuna

Sounds like how I always imagine Cannon will be, and thus never go there. Maybe my 'rithmatic is wrong on that, but it is a little out of the way.

Vaughn

Yes, it is terrible and icy always. No-one should ever go.

Epic view though, you'll have to give it that.

rfortier

I skied Cannon today. Same conditions. Except very windy. Grear base. All they need Is some fresh snow. Doesn’t look like they’re going to get it this week.

becca m

Cannon is awful/sucks... agreed - go to Loon, K-mart, WV, Attitrash, and the always ritzy Bretton Woods golf course instead!!!!!!!