• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bolton Valley - Feb 19 2018

bdfreetuna

Hit the road at 5:00AM after an earlier than expected awakening. Was planning on either Bolton or Smuggs today -- had plenty of time to get to both for first chair. I figured Bolton would have far less crowds on a holiday, turns out it was a good calculation. Never waited in a lift line, mostly ski-on all day at Vista, Timberline and Wilderness.

Went skiing today as if it were the last day of the season. It's not -- but it kind of felt like it. Conditions were mostly really nice packed powder after 9" of recent snow. Woods had plenty of untracked. Occasional scratchy surface in between the bumps, nothing to complain about or even detract from the fun at all.

Fantastic day. Spent the biggest chunk of time on Timberline, because it was woods, woods and more woods all day. Lost Boyz skied beautifully. Lost Girlz is always a challenge but only a couple other folks had been down it, so I was taking drop-offs into fresh snow. A very beautiful day as well, blue skies and comfortable temps, with a bit of snow stuck to the trees.

Next time I go skiing will probably be early March. Time to bunker down and focus on work. Very glad I made the trip though.

Nice snowmaking/grooming under the Timberline Quad

Bolton-2-19_01.jpg

Looking down Lost Boyz

Bolton-2-19_03.jpg

Lost Boyz extension after crossing Woods Hole

Bolton-2-19_02.jpg

Cobrass Woods

Bolton-2-19_04.jpg

Lost Girlz

Bolton-2-19_05.jpg

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

Adam's Solitude top section

Bolton-2-19_06.jpg

Sleepy Hollow

Bolton-2-19_07.jpg

Top of Vista Glade... Tried to capture the view of Stowe/Smuggs...

Bolton-2-19_08.jpg

Looking up the bottom of TNT

Bolton-2-19_09.jpg

Last edited:

chuckstah

Thanks, nice score. Adam's Solitude on closing weekend last April was one of my top runs of the season. Gotta get there soon.