• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is going to resurface?

cdskier

Per Sugarbush in their afternoon snow report - "Snowmaking will resume at the base of Lincoln Peak early tomorrow morning."

VTKilarney

Not to be a downer, but picking up a couple of inches here and there isn't going to do much. Looking at the forecast, it is going to melt almost as soon as we get it.

Jully

Not to be a downer, but picking up a couple of inches here and there isn't going to do much. Looking at the forecast, it is going to melt almost as soon as we get it.

Haven't looked too closely at the forecast, but from a groomer/non icy mess standpoint, 4-5" (what some areas are reporting) that can make a world of difference. If it all melts before it can be tilled in then that is another story.

This is crap for glades and natty trails though, you're very right.

MikeTrainor

Was at Crotched yesterday... very thin at the top and bottom... gonna have to make a bunch more snow if they want to keep operating this year at all. I like that place but it is not looking good right now. Bottom of Plutos was clear ice or bare spots, easy trail off the top (Moon walk I think) was a mess, had to jump a little creek coming off Jupiters near the top of Valley lift. Almost all park features closed and some big bare spots in the landings of the few left open. Saw them close a few trails just in the few hours I was there. Always fun to ski in short sleeves but I'd rather do it in April...

Looks like they made snow last night. Back up to 23 trails.

Jully

They were.I checked out their new cams which have almost a day time lapse and could see snow ttb on 2 different trails..Pretty cool

Pretty good stuff. Its only Punch, Amex, and Right stuff. I worry Aurora and Jordan snowmaking is done for the year. White Cap too potentially.

I really hope not though.

MikeTrainor

They also did a great job of grooming Wed night and early Thurs. They moved a lot of snow around.

Today was spring conditions. You could tell the trails they made snow on. They really did a god job with what they had but they really need snow or a snow making window.