• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Recovery

Glenn

I looked at the Stratton webcams and thinks look OK there. They may make some snow this weekend...or possibly sooner.

I have some cams at our place in SoVT. I'm surprised with how much snow we actually still have. From what I can tell, no brown spots on our lawn as of yet.

lerops

I looked at the Stratton webcams and thinks look OK there. They may make some snow this weekend...or possibly sooner.

I have some cams at our place in SoVT. I'm surprised with how much snow we actually still have. From what I can tell, no brown spots on our lawn as of yet.

Do you have snowmaking at your place?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

wa-loaf

Sugarbush was a mess this morning. The grooming was bad (though they had crap to work with) ... nothing natural was skiable.

elks

Wildcat was in really bad condition today. It's a sad sight overall. Their closed runs are 90% grass and the open ones are very thin. Even with grooming, it was like skiing on ice cubes. We tried 3 different runs from the top and called it a day. We did not see any snow-making, but they were working on some valve problem on Middle Wildcat and may have started later in the afternoon.

Quietman

Crotched was not great for ADL racing last night but my son reports that they moved a lot of snow around and made a great recovery for today. 1-2" of fresh today and snowmaking tonight should help.

Zermatt

Pouring rain in the Champlain Valley right now. Might be freezing rain up in the mountains.

Grim at Pico today. Pure boiler plate under a thin layer of frozen granular. Skiing was fun, but only because the mountain was empty. I’ll pass tomorrow. Not sure they can handle any more liquid precip.

KustyTheKlown

Pouring rain in the Champlain Valley right now. Might be freezing rain up in the mountains.

Grim at Pico today. Pure boiler plate under a thin layer of frozen granular. Skiing was fun, but only because the mountain was empty. I’ll pass tomorrow. Not sure they can handle any more liquid precip.

this never makes me happy to read, but it definitely makes me more secure in my decision to stay put this weekend.

elks

Attitash today was in much better condition than Wildcat yesterday. Overall, they have a lot of more snow on the trails and in the woods than Wildcat, which is weird since Wildcat has a significant altitude advantage. Right now Wildcat's woods are bare whereas a lot of Attitash's woods still have some coverage though after this big freeze, they are definitely not in play. It seems like Attitash is doing a better job blowing snow and grooming compared to Wildcat. That being said, by the afternoon, Attitash was really scrapped off and sheer ice on most trails.

SnoDevil97

Was @ Loon today with the kids.

Got an early start, granular & fast on many runs. Looks like they blew snow on the greens off the gondola & upper flume (can’t say I blame them- end of MA & start of NH school vacation).

Runs off the Kanc skied well mid-morning, after lunch went over to South Peak & was pretty icy. I called it a day & posted up @ the Bunyan bar for a few beers, kids went till closing.

Minimal crowds for school vaca week, longest wait was 10 mins for gondola.

Started sleeting on our way out then changed over to downpour of rain once we got to Waterville exit off 93.

Glad we went, had fun. But this weekend is going to suck all over.

caribchakita

Website
www.bonairecaribbean.com
Monday looks like jackpot in the White Mountains. I'd hit WV or Loon if I could. I know it's school vacay in NH but, so what. Jay is posting grim posts on IG about damage to their cover yesterday. Man, this is a terrible industry to rely on for money. I think Wachusett's heavy marketing and location make that spot a win. Saw Pats Peak on Chronicle. Family owned for years. Love that little mountain for it's proximity to BOS, easy on and off the highway and the Vienna vibe. If anyone wants to take someone to learn or you want an easy peasy day, Pats is great. Sadly, I don't think they will get Sunday night's snow. Sunday River might be the pick or Shawnee Peak as well.

Glenn

Was at Stratton today. Some of the lower trails need some help. Snow report said the snowmakers will be out once temps drop. Let's hope so.

Pez

Was at Butternut today for a few hours in the early afternoon.

Everything was open and most of the trails had soft spring snow. Crowds weren't terrible either.

drjeff

Was at Stratton today. Some of the lower trails need some help. Snow report said the snowmakers will be out once temps drop. Let's hope so.
Hope so!! So glad my kids Super G on Frank's got cancelled!!! Was randomly pure bulletproof up top once upper mtn access opened mid morning, to bullet proof that had top layers shearing off mid upper mtn, to moderate to deep corn near mid mtn!! Terrible race snow!!

On the flip side, the Bar 802 in the village delivered for lunch, even with my oldest daughter who is gluten free...

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

Crap! I wish I had known you guys were there! Mitz and I assumed the race was cancelled due to Frank's being open. Next time, I'll text you just in case.