• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NH Conditions this weekend

RISkier

We had plans to go up to Bretton Woods this weekend. It's close to a 4 hour drive and we'd be paying for a hotel room for one night. We like BW when there's a lot of snow and and the glades are open. But I'm kind of guessing the only stuff that will be open are fairly firm groomers. After this warm up and what looks like kind of a mixed forecast, we're thinking of bagging it. Anyone have any thoughts on what conditions might be like up there this weekend.

JDMRoma

40 out of 62 trails open, no glades...per the BW Report today. Bethleham is not running due to icing for the day.
Place will be insanely packed this weekend, no glades are almost a given.

But they also groom really well, so if you can handle groomers all day then it might not be horrible !

Id take a sharp stick to the eye before going this weekend but hey thats me !

RISkier

We took your advice and canceled. Forecast sounds real iffy and other than having a few more days to grind up the grind out the survaces it certainly doesn't look like conditions will improve substantially in the next few days. Whatever precip they may get looks like it could be in almost any form. Didn't really think it would be especially busy this weekend. I always think that the weekend of Presidents Day is completely nuts, but I've always thought that lots of folks had headed home by the following weekend.

Jully

We took your advice and canceled. Forecast sounds real iffy and other than having a few more days to grind up the grind out the survaces it certainly doesn't look like conditions will improve substantially in the next few days. Whatever precip they may get looks like it could be in almost any form. Didn't really think it would be especially busy this weekend. I always think that the weekend of Presidents Day is completely nuts, but I've always thought that lots of folks had headed home by the following weekend.

I believe NH school vacation week is the week after the MA week. Makes the second weekend at NH resorts still pretty crowded.

JDMRoma

Forecast is now saying 6-9" Saturday night in the MWV.

Would be nice, but highly doubt it. Maybe stand a chance at higher elevation but BW isn't known for is elevation.
maybe they'd pick up 3 or 4 on Sunday which will only bring hoards of people and do shit for the actual snow pack.......we need a few 6-9s to repair the damage.

And Yes Next week is NH school Vacation week !