ikon pass details released - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I ski about 30 days in the east and 20 out west every year. 7 sugarbush + 7 killington + 7 combined boyne + X Stratton + skiVT 3 pack = >30 eastern days. west is well taken care of. this is ok for me. Stratton for early season and late season short drives. k and sugarbush and others for the bulk of the mid season. western options a plenty.

~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

The max pass add on option was way better. This is a huge disappointment IMO.

Base pass will do for me.

Deer Valley, here I com!

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    sugarbush wasn't on the initial list. that makes this much more appealing to me. they're giving me 2 more K days, unlimited Stratton days, taking away okemo/pico 10 and replacing it with a sugarbush 7 is a win in my opinion. sucks losing new york, and sucks getting so limited for the maine places, but overall this is less expensive and better than I expected
    Sugarbush is interesting, unlimited Stratton days is a joke to me since that place is basically off limits on weekends. If it was unlimited Killington days, I would agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by gnardawg View Post
    Hard Pass from me. Going to start looking for a seasonal rental at Killington and going in on a season pass there.

The Loon/Sunday River/Sugarloaf combo 7 days is the kicker for me. That's CRAP.
    My wife and I have been discussing the same option for next season with a little one on the way.

I also agree about the Loon/SR/SL combo 7 days is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by boston_e View Post
    The max pass add on option was way better. This is a huge disappointment IMO.
    Agreed.

IMO, this pass is a huge disappointment. The base pass for a New England-based skier/rider is awful.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: Hoping for 35+ days!

You people are crazy if you think this is worse than the Max Pass.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    it just depends what you wanted and got out of max. for a boston skier who doesn't go west, this totally sucks (losing southern NH places, and capping loon/sr/sl at 7 total). for a nyc skier who does go west (me), this is fine. losing catskills and adks sucks no matter how you slice it tho.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

I'm pleasantly surprised after panning it so hard. I think I could make the base pass work for my family.

Copper or Tremblant over Christmas.
    5 Days at a western resort over February break, nice selection, just can't ski Sat or Sun of President's weekend.
    Pico, Sugarbush or Stratton on other non-holiday weekends
    2017/2018

Sunday River and Sugarloaf are further away from Boston than Stratton (which is a full pass now) as well as Killington and equal to Sugarbush so I don't really see the argument.

Losing Wawa isn't the end of the world here.

Given my user name you probably can guess how I feel about the NY resorts, but I guarantee that after only a year they weren't seeing that many users and bailed on the Ikon, which sucks, as the Face and Gore both have better terrain (but less snow) than the VT and ME offerings.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

The Ikon pass might be better than the max for people who either a) really love Stratton or b) take multiple western trips each year.

Outside of those two categories, I don’t see how the Ikon is better.

Sunday River and Sugarloaf are further away from Boston than Stratton (which is a full pass now) as well as Killington and equal to Sugarbush so I don't really see the argument.

Losing Wawa isn't the end of the world here.

Given my user name you probably can guess how I feel about the NY resorts, but I guarantee that after only a year they weren't seeing that many users and bailed on the Ikon, which sucks, as the Face and Gore both have better terrain (but less snow) than the VT and ME offerings.
    You're the one who keeps harping about Wachusett. Wachusett was mentioned a couple of times, but is not even close to the main issue here.

If it were a Killington full pass instead of Stratton, I might be in. I don't like Stratton and even avoid it on the MAX Pass unless I can get there on a random mid-week day or something odd happens.

Quote Originally Posted by boston_e View Post
    The Ikon pass might be better than the max for people who either a) really love Stratton or b) take multiple western trips each year.

Outside of those two categories, I don’t see how the Ikon is better.
    Pretty much.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: Hoping for 35+ days!

Thread Information