• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ikon pass details released

Whitey

This. For all we know Boyne will be off Ikon next year voluntarily anyway.

Do you have any reason why you think this or just conjecture? Boyne has been a pretty consistent participant with the Max/Ikon passes. The reduction of the days you get at Loon/SR/SL is kind of a bummer but it's still an OK deal.

Jully

Do you have any reason why you think this or just conjecture? Boyne has been a pretty consistent participant with the Max/Ikon passes. The reduction of the days you get at Loon/SR/SL is kind of a bummer but it's still an OK deal.

My own hypothesizing based on what has happened this spring.

Boyne buys back all its properties from OZ and adds the 50% off Boyne western properties perk back to the NE pass, something that has been gone for a few years. Seems to me like they are maybe testing the waters for interest in Boyne properties only. Combined with the Boyne Rewards program, it really makes a lot of sense to try and keep people within their own portfolio of resorts.

Again I'm shooting blind here, but they're less "in" on the Ikon than they were on MAX (fewer properties, fewer days back east). I certainly don't know the financial details of the Ikon partnership ($$ involved, contract (if one exists) length, etc) or who wanted fewer NE days and not all the Boyne resorts on the pass. But regardless, if they don't love how Ikon turns out for them this year and they see a lot of gold NE passholders traveling west using the 50% off benefit, then I wouldn't be surprised at all if they tried to shake things up.

machski

I tend to agree with this thought. The lack of Crystal now with Boyne out west puts a small dent into the offering. Big Sky is a huge draw, but then Brighton and Snowqualmie as the next tier out west. Not sure that would be enough to go it alone. Pretty much why Okemo/CB (and Sunapee) jumped in with Vail on the Epic.

Jully

I tend to agree with this thought. The lack of Crystal now with Boyne out west puts a small dent into the offering. Big Sky is a huge draw, but then Brighton and Snowqualmie as the next tier out west. Not sure that would be enough to go it alone. Pretty much why Okemo/CB (and Sunapee) jumped in with Vail on the Epic.

Very true. Crystal probably makes a pretty big difference. If they can get Solitude benefits for Brighton that would help, but still probably not enough. They'd likely need another decent acquisition or partner in CO or Oregon or somewhere.

Either way, the next 15 months or so will hopefully feature some exciting things at the Boyne properties.

Edd

I’m not seeing a date that the price goes up on the adult passes. Anyone see it? Think I’m going to end up buying this sumbitch.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone