ikon pass details released - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 265
  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Semantics for me. I could never justify having Stratton as my only unlimited eastern mountain when K is no further away and undeniably far superior.
    Oh I completely agree with you there...was just pointing out why it is the way it is as I've seen numerous comments from people wishing somewhere else in the east was the unlimited option. The problem is Alterra doesn't own any other resorts in New England.


  2. #52
    Yup... obviously driven by Alterra with Powder / Boyne etc just along for the ride.

    Looking at it more, this pass is a non-starter for my family. We will likely do our usual Pico pass with Killington spring pass, or a full Killingotn / Pico pass.

  3. #53

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Barto, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,262
    I'm going to have to disagree with the fact that Stratton is the only one unlimited in the east because it is owned by Alterra. Copper and Eldora are owned by Powdr and they have unlimited access under the Ikon Pass. Based on that, I am not really sure what the driver was for only have one unlimited resort in the east.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with the fact that Stratton is the only one unlimited in the east because it is owned by Alterra. Copper and Eldora are owned by Powdr and they have unlimited access under the Ikon Pass. Based on that, I am not really sure what the driver was for only have one unlimited resort in the east.
    that's because this is a straight up replacement for the rocky mountain super pass. if they didn't offer those unlimited, there would be Colorado rioting and mass exodus to epic pass.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    that's because this is a straight up replacement for the rocky mountain super pass. if they didn't offer those unlimited, there would be Colorado rioting and mass exodus to epic pass.
    Right...Copper and Eldora are the only two exceptions and that had to be to make it competitive with Epic in CO as a replacement for the RMSP. Every other unlimited resort on the Ikon pass is an Alterra resort. MAX itself wasn't unlimited so there was less of a driver to offer multiple unlimited options in the East with the new Ikon pass.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    The only people who seem to think this pass is worse must post on this board, as its a small minority compared to those who think its better, this is 10 times better than the Max in terms of quality of terrain (outside of the NY resorts being dropped) and days offered.

    For any Eastern skier that is debating an Epic purchase, this is a no brainer. Compared to the Max pass (which is 779 bucks) the tradeoffs are way better.

    I get this is an internet message board and hyperbole is a given, but keep fucking that chicken that the Ikon is worse than the Max. Not many folks are going to agree.

    I bet Jackson just gained 25k skier visits at a minimum.
    If you actually tried to back up your claim, you would see that on each of the mountain's Facebook pages that posted this deal, it is almost universally an AWFUL response from customers. I have gone through all the comments on Sugarloaf, Killington and Sunday River... not a single post in favor of the IKON Pass. The majority of the comments on the Teton Gravity Research FB Post are also negative, and that is a much broader audience than New England/East Coast. I think I saw 2 positive comments out of 50+ on TGR.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: 35 days
    2018 - 2019 Season: 6 month old = hoping for... some? days...

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    that's because this is a straight up replacement for the rocky mountain super pass. if they didn't offer those unlimited, there would be Colorado rioting and mass exodus to epic pass.
    This. Copper and Eldora wouldn't be able to survive in CO without unlimited access on this pass, most likely. I bet they sold very few exclusive passes these past few years and Alterra would steal even more from them with WP/Steamboat still together.

    In contrast, Killington and the Boyne mountains are still doing great. I've heard the NE pass does extremely well for Boyne at the current pricing.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcb890 View Post
    If you actually tried to back up your claim, you would see that on each of the mountain's Facebook pages that posted this deal, it is almost universally an AWFUL response from customers. I have gone through all the comments on Sugarloaf, Killington and Sunday River... not a single post in favor of the IKON Pass. The majority of the comments on the Teton Gravity Research FB Post are also negative, and that is a much broader audience than New England/East Coast. I think I saw 2 positive comments out of 50+ on TGR.
    Hah...I hadn't thought of looking at the FB comments on the announcements. Was just looking at the ones on the Killington post about Icon and some are absolutely brutal. I did see one comment from someone on Killington's post that thought the new pass was great (but they travel out west a lot I gather from the resorts they were happy about).

  9. #59
    the facebook comments on the eastern mountains are pretty funny. people are losing their shit. and the less informed (90% of the people out there, we're an outlier group of obsessives) are all like 'don't worry just get max again', lol.

    i doubt the western places are getting any hate. if they are, its probably about the influx of easterners that will flood Jackson

  10. #60
    Any word yet on what areas will allow walk on access? I hate waiting on line.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.