ikon pass details released - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Not very appealing. Still like the Peaks Pass option a lot better... assuming it doesn't change from the past 2 seasons.

They don't want you to ski in the Northeast, they want you to travel west, so you can spend all the rest of your money on accommodations, food booze e.c.t. vs. day-tripping in the Northeast.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Oh I completely agree with you there...was just pointing out why it is the way it is as I've seen numerous comments from people wishing somewhere else in the east was the unlimited option. The problem is Alterra doesn't own any other resorts in New England.
    All good; happy it worked out this way.

My best 5 days this season were either at K or Pico.
    Last edited by JimG.; Feb 22, 2018 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    I would buy in on that.
    I can't imagine the crowds at Sunapee if it went Epic. It would be convenient, but also potentially dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly001 View Post
    Not very appealing. Still like the Peaks Pass option a lot better... assuming it doesn't change from the past 2 seasons.
    Peaks now has a lock on the most variety in the east. Favorite part of Peaks is that it offers uncrowded options. Other passes really don't have that. Burke would be a welcome addition to Ikon or may be Epic, though unclear what the crowd situation would become if that addition happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MEtoVTSkier View Post
    They don't want you to ski in the Northeast, they want you to travel west, so you can spend all the rest of your money on accommodations, food booze e.c.t. vs. day-tripping in the Northeast.
    I think there's some truth in that.

At the minimum, they want skier demographic that are in the habit of traveling to destination resorts. MAX may be great for skiing locally. But where's the profit in that?

Of the northeast mountains, which are the closest destination resorts? Stowe, K'mart are the best known. So is Tramblant. Sugarbush is working its way up that rank. Stratton and Okemo on the other hand, are largely second home owners who will not travel. The rest of the formerly MAX participants are all day trip mountains. Sure there're some who will travel. But the percentage aren't nearly the same as those who ski at Stowe and K. Those are the captive audience Ikon and Epic want!

What I find most interesting is that of all the Eastern options on the pass it's Stratton that offered unlimited days. Stratton is the area on the pass with the greatest problem with crowds with perhaps Loon coming in a close second. I guess the thought is that Stratton draws the demographic of skier most likely able to afford multiple trips west each season.

IMO the Ikon is definitely a step down in quality for someone who wants to ski in the East exclusively. Great to see Sugarbush on there, but that doesn't make up for the reduction of other areas.

I didn't read the full information. Is Ikon adding an add on option like Maxx did?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    What I find most interesting is that of all the Eastern options on the pass it's Stratton that offered unlimited days. Stratton is the area on the pass with the greatest problem with crowds with perhaps Loon coming in a close second. I guess the thought is that Stratton draws the demographic of skier most likely able to afford multiple trips west each season.

IMO the Ikon is definitely a step down in quality for someone who wants to ski in the East exclusively. Great to see Sugarbush on there, but that doesn't make up for the reduction of other areas.

I didn't read the full information. Is Ikon adding an add on option like Maxx did?

What did a full season pass cost at Stratton this season?

This seems like a bargain for them and especially for kids. Can’t see how this doesn’t add to the crowds at Stratton.
    2017/2018

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post

I didn't see that option but I was wondering the same thing.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by billo View Post
    What did a full season pass cost at Stratton this season?

This seems like a bargain for them and especially for kids. Can’t see how this doesn’t add to the crowds at Stratton.
    The strattitude pass was 380 dollars. For ages 18-31. Mine came with a $50 voucher for any of the shops there too

Thread Information