ikon pass details released - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    I didn't see that option but I was wondering the same thing.
    No add on sadly.

Stratton will be offering Stratton only season passes too I heard. That means this will truly just be an infux of new unlimited passholders.

For the sake or current Stratton regularly it is vital that the Base Ikon has blackouts and a 5 day max.

What is the price point for you to buy an add on to a qualifying season pass? $350?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LItoCOtoMA View Post
    What is the price point for you to buy an add on to a qualifying season pass? $350?
    Looked back at my receipt and it was $329 for an adult and $229 for youth. It was a no-brainer for our family.

Quote Originally Posted by billo View Post
    What did a full season pass cost at Stratton this season?

This seems like a bargain for them and especially for kids. Can’t see how this doesn’t add to the crowds at Stratton.
    I picked up an adult season pass with normal holiday blackouts for $399+ tax. Dirt cheap option for day trips from the lowlands.

Yes, Stratton cannot handle crowds well if gondala is closed for wind. I haven't heard if they are going to upgrade the Snowbowl lift this year. Surveyed last spring.

I'm leaning to an ikon pass with a west trip but will have to hit smaller cheaper hills to fill in some days. Sugarbush is too far for a sane day trip.
    Snowflakes matter

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    No add on sadly.
    Is that confirmed? I remember last year that add-on information was on the relevant ski area sites. I don’t recall if it was on the Max site. Looking at the Ikon FAQ, I’m not seeing add-ons mentioned one way or the other.

Also of note, on the Ikon FAQ page, the question of if other ski areas will be added is answered with “This is the current lineup for the 2018-2019 season”, which seems to leave the door open for changes.

It's hard to figure how this could be worse for folks like me who ski the Pico/Killington/Okemo corridor and go for a trip out west (Copper in our case). For a family of four, our Pico Passes plus MAX add-on totaled around $2300. We've used our 5 Copper days, will definitely use our 5 Killington and Okemo days, and have already skied Pico 5 times. Making some very optimistic assumptions, the same amount of ski days via the Ikon base option would cost us about $3650. That's an increase of about $1350, or about 63%.

I hope they make some changes that will make this more palatable, but I have little hope. For now, I'm hoping there are enough changes to the Mountain Collective to make that plus a Pico Pass a viable lower-cost option.
    Last edited by sankaty; Feb 23, 2018 at 9:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sankaty View Post
    It's hard to figure how this could be worse for folks like me who ski the Pico/Killington/Okemo corridor and go for a trip out west (Copper in our case). For a family of four, our Pico Passes plus MAX add-on totaled around $2300. We've used our 5 Copper days, will definitely use our 5 Killington and Okemo days, and have already skied Pico 5 times. Making some very optimistic assumptions, the same amount of ski days via the Ikon base option would cost us about $3650. That's an increase of about $1350, or about 63%.

I hope they make some changes that will make this more palatable, but I have little hope. For now, I'm hoping there are enough changes to the Mountain Collective to make that plus a Pico Pass a viable lower-cost option.
    Do you mean it isn't hard to figure how the Ikon would be worse?

Our situation is similar to yours, and I figure the IKON will be much more expensive than the max pass add on option.

Quote Originally Posted by boston_e View Post
    Do you mean it isn't hard to figure how the Ikon would be worse?

Our situation is similar to yours, and I figure the IKON will be much more expensive than the max pass add on option.
    Ha! I meant that in the "This is so bad it's hard to see how it could be worse" sense. I see the ambiguity.

I'm so bummed. I know it's just marketing, but I'm finding all the "We're so proud to be part of the Ikon Pass" messaging to be profoundly irritating. To me, it reads "we're so proud to be pricing you out of skiing our mountains." Or maybe, "great news, your ski budget won't allow you to ski here next year!"

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Is that confirmed? I remember last year that add-on information was on the relevant ski area sites. I don’t recall if it was on the Max site. Looking at the Ikon FAQ, I’m not seeing add-ons mentioned one way or the other.

Also of note, on the Ikon FAQ page, the question of if other ski areas will be added is answered with “This is the current lineup for the 2018-2019 season”, which seems to leave the door open for changes.
    I haven't heard personally from anyone that it is confirmed, but add on information was clearly listed on the MAX site (there was a blue table with pricing with Add-on next to full MAX) last year. Nothing on Ikon this year. Makes sense they won't advertise that they're ditching the best value from the MAX pass.

Additionally Sunday River has their pass website set up for next year (all prices TBA) and there is no add-on option listed.

Looking on social media, the Boyne mountains have not mentioned anything about an add-on too. They're saying if you want to ski Boyne more than 5 or 7 days you buy a NE pass and Ikon pass for out west.

Quote Originally Posted by Jully View Post
    I haven't heard personally from anyone that it is confirmed, but add on information was clearly listed on the MAX They're saying if you want to ski Boyne more than 5 or 7 days you buy a NE pass and Ikon pass for out west.
    so basically theyre saying get fucked?
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

Thread Information