• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ikon pass details released

cdskier

I don't know about an Ikon pass add-on, but there seems to be such a thing as a Mountain Collective add-on, as it is mentioned here (see Boyne Gold pass):

http://www.boynehighlands.com/passes

I guess we will know more in the next few days.

Hmm...I'm quite confused by this...those Michigan Boyne resorts aren't even part of Mountain Collective (at the moment). If Boyne is doing something though with MC, will their eastern resorts be eligible for that discounted MC pass? Actually I would like it if Boyne's eastern resorts were added to MC since as a Sugarbush passholder I get 50% at other MC resorts automatically. That would make a trip to SR or SL enticing...

Jully

I don't know about an Ikon pass add-on, but there seems to be such a thing as a Mountain Collective add-on, as it is mentioned here (see Boyne Gold pass):

http://www.boynehighlands.com/passes

I guess we will know more in the next few days.

Very interesting. $249 add on MCP. I wonder if that is what the rumblings on facebook are about? Certainly makes a Boyne pass more palatable for me, though it would have to be eligible for add-on with the Silver New England (obviously different pricing than the Michigan passes) at a maximum. I'm probably not dishing out $1000 for a gold.

I'm just hoping any potential add-on gets resolved by the 11th before the flash sale ends. I'll be pretty upset if on March 12th Boyne announces an Ikon add-on. Not that it wouldn't make more money (offer discounted passes to Boyne loyalists then draw in the wandering skiers with Ikon add-ons at a higher Boyne pass price), but I'd still be disappointed.

Jully

MC add-on is real, from http://www.boynehighlands.com/passes/gold-pass

"Eligible for discounted Mountain Collective Pass for $249 (Mountain Collective on sale March 12)"

Interesting wrinkle in all of this.

What is even more confusing is that no where else, including the MCP website, mentions this. It'll be interesting to see who ends up offering it. Since it goes on sale March 12th, I suspect we will find out more then.

p_levert

What is even more confusing is that no where else, including the MCP website, mentions this. It'll be interesting to see who ends up offering it. Since it goes on sale March 12th, I suspect we will find out more then.

A few more details here: https://www.boynemountain.com/passes/gold

Limited time offer, apparently. BTW, this is definitely not fake news. This is the website of the Boyne flagship resort, even if it is actually a bit of a cr*phole.

Jully

A few more details here: https://www.boynemountain.com/passes/gold

Limited time offer, apparently. BTW, this is definitely not fake news. This is the website of the Boyne flagship resort, even if it is actually a bit of a cr*phole.

Definitely not fake news, but still confusing that only Highlands is offering it out of any resort I've seen. The fact that Boyne has announced it for Highlands and not for any of its NE resorts makes me think it won't make its way here.

However, other mountains that have yet to release season passes might be planning on offering it.

p_levert

Definitely not fake news, but still confusing that only Highlands is offering it out of any resort I've seen. The fact that Boyne has announced it for Highlands and not for any of its NE resorts makes me think it won't make its way here.

However, other mountains that have yet to release season passes might be planning on offering it.

A minor correction, it's offered for both Boyne Mtn and Boyne Highlands (see the 2nd link). The flagship is Boyne Mtn, which is a cr*phole IMHO. Boyne Highlands is much nicer, but it's not the cash cow that Boyne Mtn is.

I predict the MC add-on will be offered in the NE. And I also predict that the price will go up from $249, probably to $299 after April 6.

speden

Just got an email from Mount Sunapee that they along with Okemo are joining the Epic pass.

gladerider

was pissed about no maxpass next year.
after thinking long and hard, i think i will buy the base pass for my family of three.
already thinking about where to hit out west next season.

phin

It would be great if Alterra purchased Jay/Burke. Adding unlimited days at those two mountains, in addition to 7 days at sugarbush, 7 at sugarloaf and 7 at killington would make buying this pass a no brainer for me.

boston_e

was pissed about no maxpass next year.
after thinking long and hard, i think i will buy the base pass for my family of three.
already thinking about where to hit out west next season.

While it is not as good as Max for sure, I agree that it can still make financial sense once you put the disappointment of losing max behind.

Even one western trip plus 4 or 5 weekends in the east brings the price down to under $60 per day (which is a lot less than buying lift tickets).

boston_e

It would be great if Alterra purchased Jay/Burke. Adding unlimited days at those two mountains, in addition to 7 days at sugarbush, 7 at sugarloaf and 7 at killington would make buying this pass a no brainer for me.

A powdr / alterra merger, (which would hopefully make Ikon unlimited at K and Pico) would make it a no brainier for me.

For our situation, the pass is a non starter without more ability to use it at K and Pico (or a lower "add on "price point would do it as well).

gladerider

While it is not as good as Max for sure, I agree that it can still make financial sense once you put the disappointment of losing max behind.

Even one western trip plus 4 or 5 weekends in the east brings the price down to under $60 per day (which is a lot less than buying lift tickets).

you are right. for us though, losing the mountains close to NYC is the biggest pain. i was able to hit mountain creek and the windham and belleayre a few times this year. next year we need to go up to vermont more. oh well.

machski

If Alterra were to buy Jay, I think you would see reduced offerings in the east on the Ikon next year. Just a hunch, but they would have Stratton Jay Tremblant. Pretty good coverage, why revenue share at that point with Powdr/Boyne?

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Jully

If Alterra were to buy Jay, I think you would see reduced offerings in the east on the Ikon next year. Just a hunch, but they would have Stratton Jay Tremblant. Pretty good coverage, why revenue share at that point with Powdr/Boyne?

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

This. For all we know Boyne will be off Ikon next year voluntarily anyway.