• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ikon pass details released

KustyTheKlown

ok, so this isn't as bad as I thought, and it may even be good. a step up in price, but full season Stratton/tremblant, 7 each at k and sugarbush, 7 days combined at boyne new England. full pass to squaw and co places, access to Jackson etc.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/22/ikon-pass-mountains-price/
IKON PASS, $899

Unlimited access with no blackout dates to 12 destinations: Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain Resort, Eldora Mountain Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort, June Mountain, Stratton, Snowshoe Mountain, Tremblant and Blue Mountain.

Seven-day access to each of these resorts: Deer Valley Resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Big Sky Resort, Killington Resort, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Sugarbush Resort.

Seven-days combined at: Aspen Snowmass’ four hills: Aspen Mountain, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk; AltaSnowbird; SkiBig3’s Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise and Mt. Norquay, and the New England trio of Sunday River, Sugarloaf and Loon Mountain.

Child Ikon Passes (12 and under) will be available through April 9 for $199 with the purchase of an adult Ikon Pass. Military and college discounts will be available.

IKON BASE PASS, $599

Unlimited access: Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain Resort, Eldora Mountain Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows (holiday restrictions), Big Bear Mountain Resort, June Mountain, Tremblant, Blue Mountain, Snowshoe Mountain.

Five days, with holiday restrictions, at each of these resorts: Steamboat, Mammoth Mountain, Deer Valley Resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Big Sky Resort, Stratton, Killington Resort, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Sugarbush Resort.

Five days combined, with holiday restrictions at all, at: Aspen Snowmass’ Aspen Mountain, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk; AltaSnowbird; SkiBig3’s Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, Mt. Norquay and the New England trio of Sunday River, Sugarloaf and Loon Mountain.

Child Ikon Base passes (12 and under) through April 9 for $149 with the purchase of an adult Ikon Base Pass.

KustyTheKlown

sugarbush wasn't on the initial list. that makes this much more appealing to me. they're giving me 2 more K days, unlimited Stratton days, taking away okemo/pico 10 and replacing it with a sugarbush 7 is a win in my opinion. sucks losing new york, and sucks getting so limited for the maine places, but overall this is less expensive and better than I expected

KustyTheKlown

yea, the base pass does nothing for me. no Stratton unlimited, restricted K/sugarbush. the full is expensive but it should take care of my skiing without much/any other out of pocket. i'll get a skiVT 3 pack or 5 pack because I can't go a season without skiing jay, stowe, mrg, magic

jaytrem

Interesting. With Easter break being so late next year I may want to head west with the kids (got free lodging at Squaw). Will require some number crunching, but the base pass might work pretty well for me. Question is do I still buy the Peaks pass. Defintiely has me thinking.

gnardawg

Hard Pass from me. Going to start looking for a seasonal rental at Killington and going in on a season pass there.

The Loon/Sunday River/Sugarloaf combo 7 days is the kicker for me. That's CRAP.

mccleaks

Not much interest at all to a Boston day tripper. I'd use the 7 days at Boyne since Loon is an easy day trip and I typically rent a house at least once or twice a season at Sugarloaf or SR. Figure in 5 days at one of the Western destinations and you're still at 75 bucks a day. Seems tough on those of you from VT too since there are plenty of better mountains in your state that aren't included and any of the Boyne resorts are a haul from VT. Hopefully they grow the list next year. Sunapee along with the extra days at the Boyne resorts were the big draw to the MAX pass for me... along with the lower price point.

KustyTheKlown

I ski about 30 days in the east and 20 out west every year. 7 sugarbush + 7 killington + 7 combined boyne + X Stratton + skiVT 3 pack = >30 eastern days. west is well taken care of. this is ok for me. Stratton for early season and late season short drives. k and sugarbush and others for the bulk of the mid season. western options a plenty.

boston_e

The max pass add on option was way better. This is a huge disappointment IMO.

Jcb890

sugarbush wasn't on the initial list. that makes this much more appealing to me. they're giving me 2 more K days, unlimited Stratton days, taking away okemo/pico 10 and replacing it with a sugarbush 7 is a win in my opinion. sucks losing new york, and sucks getting so limited for the maine places, but overall this is less expensive and better than I expected
Sugarbush is interesting, unlimited Stratton days is a joke to me since that place is basically off limits on weekends. If it was unlimited Killington days, I would agree with you.

Hard Pass from me. Going to start looking for a seasonal rental at Killington and going in on a season pass there.

The Loon/Sunday River/Sugarloaf combo 7 days is the kicker for me. That's CRAP.
My wife and I have been discussing the same option for next season with a little one on the way.

I also agree about the Loon/SR/SL combo 7 days is a joke.

The max pass add on option was way better. This is a huge disappointment IMO.
Agreed.

IMO, this pass is a huge disappointment. The base pass for a New England-based skier/rider is awful.

KustyTheKlown

You people are crazy if you think this is worse than the Max Pass.

it just depends what you wanted and got out of max. for a boston skier who doesn't go west, this totally sucks (losing southern NH places, and capping loon/sr/sl at 7 total). for a nyc skier who does go west (me), this is fine. losing catskills and adks sucks no matter how you slice it tho.

Zermatt

I'm pleasantly surprised after panning it so hard. I think I could make the base pass work for my family.

Copper or Tremblant over Christmas.
5 Days at a western resort over February break, nice selection, just can't ski Sat or Sun of President's weekend.
Pico, Sugarbush or Stratton on other non-holiday weekends

AdironRider

Sunday River and Sugarloaf are further away from Boston than Stratton (which is a full pass now) as well as Killington and equal to Sugarbush so I don't really see the argument.

Losing Wawa isn't the end of the world here.

Given my user name you probably can guess how I feel about the NY resorts, but I guarantee that after only a year they weren't seeing that many users and bailed on the Ikon, which sucks, as the Face and Gore both have better terrain (but less snow) than the VT and ME offerings.

boston_e

You people are crazy if you think this is worse than the Max Pass.

The Ikon pass might be better than the max for people who either a) really love Stratton or b) take multiple western trips each year.

Outside of those two categories, I don’t see how the Ikon is better.

Jcb890

Sunday River and Sugarloaf are further away from Boston than Stratton (which is a full pass now) as well as Killington and equal to Sugarbush so I don't really see the argument.

Losing Wawa isn't the end of the world here.

Given my user name you probably can guess how I feel about the NY resorts, but I guarantee that after only a year they weren't seeing that many users and bailed on the Ikon, which sucks, as the Face and Gore both have better terrain (but less snow) than the VT and ME offerings.
You're the one who keeps harping about Wachusett. Wachusett was mentioned a couple of times, but is not even close to the main issue here.

If it were a Killington full pass instead of Stratton, I might be in. I don't like Stratton and even avoid it on the MAX Pass unless I can get there on a random mid-week day or something odd happens.

The Ikon pass might be better than the max for people who either a) really love Stratton or b) take multiple western trips each year.

Outside of those two categories, I don’t see how the Ikon is better.
Pretty much.