• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crotched Mountain - 2-20-07

jct

Date Skied: Tuesday February 20, 2007

Ski Area: Crotched Mountain

Conditions: Packed Powder

Trip Report:

My daughter had the day off from school so we headed up to Crotched figuring maybe it wouldn't be too crowded. Bingo. All day we skied up to the lifts and got right on. We skied everything they have to offer from 9:30 to 3:00 when Rachel's legs gave out. We spent most of the day on Pluto's Plunge and Equinox, both were very fast and SWEET.

Angus

Whenever we write trip reports about Crotched "un-crowded", "no lift line", "ski on" should just be assumed.

which brings me to a question to be pondered, how does an operator of small hills (being kind) in the mid-west who resurrected a long closed ski area in SW NH that never have crowds buy two premiere ski resorts in the East? I'm being a bit dramatic but I'd like to hear what others think.

Nothing better than skiing with your children. I still have about $100 on a gift card that I need to spend but they have a deep base so I think I'm safe.

snowmaker4191

Website
www.snowhill.com.50megs.com
crotched makes it money and has crowds at night...i ride there for midnight maddness often. always a crowd on friday and saturday nights.

crotched is a small locals only type of ski area...i like it that way no lines great snow