Storm skiing..... Chasing the snow vs knowing the mountain??? - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz Von Toco View Post
    Hopefully ski resorts are reading this. I've been riding 4 years sans lessons. Would love to hear from a pro what I can do better, but not for $500 for half a day... can't afford that...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    if you are able to ski weekdays, just sign up for a less expensive group lesson and chances are you'll end up with a private. especially at smaller places.
    ~the stars turn, and a time presents itself~

The responses thus far are proving my point.

Namely that.....

The Intermediate through Advanced lessons market represents significant untapped potential for ski areas through EITHER:

A) Increased volumetric revenue, plus increased customer satisfaction
    B) Revenue stasis at par expense, but increased customer satisfaction

Either way, it's a win for the ski areas.

Maybe I need to take my message to management.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    if you are able to ski weekdays, just sign up for a less expensive group lesson and chances are you'll end up with a private. especially at smaller places.
    The thought of having an advanced lesson with someone at a different skill level/needing different work is what worries me. I would think very rarely do people's areas of need align when it comes to advanced skills. Otherwise, I think it would be a cool idea to organize some type of group advanced lesson among ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    The responses thus far are proving my point.

Namely that.....

The Intermediate through Advanced lessons market represents significant untapped potential for ski areas through EITHER:

A) Increased volumetric revenue, plus increased customer satisfaction
    B) Revenue stasis at par expense, but increased customer satisfaction

Either way, it's a win for the ski areas.

Maybe I need to take my message to management.
    Got any good ideas? Perhaps we could write something to the different passholder/ownership companies like Ikon/Alterra/Peak/etc. with a bunch of signatures, etc.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: Hoping for 35+ days!

My plan which usually works out west where its cheaper is to line up at a 9 level slot. This worked one year at JH as we ended up with 3 of us with equal ability. The teacher laughed when he asked me what I liked to ski..I said whadda ya got...oh..really...no no just kidding.
    It was like a guided tour for the whole day with a few tips thrown in. In the end he said just keep doing what your doing..its working.
    Now I have a dilemma. MRG Sunday for the first time and would like to have a bit of a tour. A 2 hour private is 120..I can swing that or a 4 hour mogul lesson for 150. Since I'm always trying to get better in the bumps, especially the insane steep ones where trees are involved this might be the way to go..rather than flounder around the toughest place in the east. I have to up my tree skiing as now we are part time slugs at Stowe.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    MRG Sunday for the first time and would like to have a bit of a tour. A 2 hour private is 120..I can swing that or a 4 hour mogul lesson for 150. Since I'm always trying to get better in the bumps, especially the insane steep ones where trees are involved this might be the way to go..rather than flounder around the toughest place in the east. I have to up my tree skiing as now we are part time slugs at Stowe.
    In the pantheon of expensive ski lessons we're discussing, $150 for 4 hours is quite reasonable, that breaks out at $37.50/hour. Now, it's a group lesson of course, so we cant compare that to private, but there are only 4 skiers in a group. I think that's great value. If MRG is still open in early April, I might just do their 2 hour mogul course for $80. I need to learn how to pole plant in moguls.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    That's a great idea ! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

MRG is getting rid of the 4 hour mogul camp..had to get the 2 hour private..funny..just as we were talking about it..guess it was too good a deal..to deal with
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    MRG is getting rid of the 4 hour mogul camp..had to get the 2 hour private..funny..just as we were talking about it..guess it was too good a deal..to deal with
    Do they still do the 2 hour mogul camp? It might be a staffing issue since it's end of year.

Thonk they want to go with private..120 vs 80. More money for the till

Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Thread Information