• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Backpacks, Bluetooth and Bad Music

Glenn

Hit the "jackpot" with this yesterday. Two dudes in the baselodge; lower level gearing up. One guy fires up his bluetooth blasting rap. Ok, not my style of music...but to each their own. Then the lyrics laced with expletives. They pause for a bit while his buddy asks 20 questions about his selfie stick setup and GoPro. Fortunately, that was the last we saw of them on the hill.

Saw another guy on the hill with backpack/speaker, but not as outstanding as our first dynamic duo.

Domeskier

Rode a lift a few weekends ago with a kid wearing a suspicious looking backpack. I was looking forward to hearing the sweet, dulcet rhythms of some yacht rock quartet. Instead, he whipped out his homework and started studying for a chemistry test.

Glenn

We just spent some time in FLA. I couldn't even count how many people had speakers on the beach. So much for listening to the sound of the ocean.

Smellytele

We just spent some time in FLA. I couldn't even count how many people had speakers on the beach. So much for listening to the sound of the ocean.

It all comes back around. Back when boom boxes were the thing beaches were like that than iPods came to be the thing. Now blue tooth is allowing everyone one to share their iPod.

Glenn

The warmer months unfortunately didn't melt this trend. Yesterday's sighting was a dude in the liftline who had a speaker in his ski pants pockets. I guess there is a disadvantage for technology advancing and allowing for smaller and less expensive devices.

So, it seems that music will no longer be confined to backpacks. I suppose we can just call these individuals LMDBs: Loud Music D Bags

MEtoVTSkier

How does one hear it over the sound of the wind in yer ears, or the obnoxious rasp of skis on boilerplate? :p

Lol! I guess if I actually listened to music while I skied, it would be helmet speakers. I'd think, for me anyhow, earbuds would block out too much of what was going on around me.

Zand

There's a video making its rounds on the internet of a guy skiing down Conclusion at K yesterday while playing the bagpipes. Guess you don't need a speaker anymore.